Since he was considered one of the badly injured Greeson was made to sit while he was examined. After the medication was injected into his arm he sat back and waited. It seemed only a few minutes later that Mara strolled into the med bay looking around. Locking her eyes on him she quickly came to his side.

"I was scared you were among the dead." She whispered as she gingerly touched the sling that his arm was in. "I'm very pleased to see that you are still alive."

Greeson nodded though was quiet a few more moments. "I just feel bad that they died. I still think I could have done more to save them. I..."

Mara reached up and locked her lips on Greeson's effectively shutting him up. "You listen to me right now!" Mara said as soon as they both came up for air. "This is a risk that is always there in a war, remember this is a war. As I heard the Emperor told you more would have been lost had you not had them pull back when you did. Now stop this self doubt, or you're going to have me to fight next! Believe me I won't lose!"

Greeson threw his one good hand up in surrender, looking at her closer. Then he nodded his head yes, he had no doubt she would win! Sighing Greeson nodded, "Everyone has been telling me I was a great commander. They died because of me Mara. Me!"

Greeson's face was suddenly rocked from the slap that Mara delivered. "This is to stop this instant! If you ever wish to see me again it stops here and now. Don't you dare make light of this! They died believing in you and you only! Don't you dare disgrace their memory feeling that you killed them!"

Greeson rubbed his face looking at Mara in astonishment, well that and the fact she'd knocked him on his ass! "Damn it Mara! I am not about to make light of what they did. To me, they are the heroes, not me. I just did my duty, that's all."

Mara looked as if she were about to slap the taste out of Greeson's mouth again with her hands on her hips. "Yes that's it!" She said looking up. "Did you ever think that they considered themselves to be the same exact thing? That perhaps you were a hero to them?"

Greeson blinked a few times as he took this new information in. He was a hero to them? "No," Greeson said in a whisper. "I never thought that they might consider themselves as the same thing." Looking up suddenly Greeson kissed Mara, as well as he could with one arm. "Thank you, I see it now, truly I do!"

Mara smirked a second, then told him, "I have to go. Another briefing or something. I was told that the Emperor wished to see me. I'm afraid he might punish me for what I did. I don't know, I hope it isn't bad news." Kissing Greeson she skipped out of the room.

A ranger in the next bed caught his attention. "You are so lucky sir."

"Me? How do you figure that?" Greeson asked.

"With a girlfriend like that you get a relationship and training all in one!" A slow smile started to spread across his face as he then started to laugh with the young ranger.

"You might be right there, you just might be right!" Greeson said as he thought of everything that had happened over the last few months. Nodding his head more the young ranger was right he was far luckier than he had at first thought.

_______________________________________

Mary was still unsure as she watched over both Kimison and Rayburn. They both seemed to be going through the motions with work. In reality Kimison hadn't achieved a thing since the day that Rayburn had left. There was also the fact that neither of the men had eaten in the last few days. Now she was really starting to worry. She knew that it was only a matter of time before they passed out from lack of food.

It was almost as if an electric surge had occurred within her system as a new plan began to form. Yes! It could work though she'd have to see what the Emperor had to say about it. Appearing near the Emperor and Empress, Mary voiced her concerns about both of the men.