Chapter 5: Defenseless.

Start from the beginning

You know what's even sadder? Get this, the town doesn't even hate our parents! They only hate Ethan and I. Shocking right? You would expect the town folks to hate the people who made us but no. They're the good people. It's honestly stupid. When I graduate from that stupid school, Ethan and I are just going to pack our bags at night and leave without a word. That's the plan. We're planning to move to New York or maybe Iceland. Probably both at some point.

The lights flickered causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I turned to look at Ethan who was already looking at me. I honestly hope the rain settle down before our shift ends or else it can be a pain to walk through this. If it doesn't settle down, then I am going to just use my powers to shield Ethan and I from the rain.

Time went by as slow as ever and I honestly felt like I was dying. Ethan seemed to have felt the same way because he had his head on the counter. I looked at the time to see it was almost 12 o'clock. Let out an annoyed groan, I couldn't help but hate the person who called in sick and knowing them, they're not sick. They just didn't want to come out because the rain but that's their lost because I gain their paycheck.

Ethan and I shift's were now up and I couldn't be anymore happier. I assume Ethan felt the same since he was constantly watching the time and when it finally hit 12, he let out a sigh of relief. We check out and walked outside before helping Ethan into his raincoat.

We were now under the restaurant's shed looking around only to see some car lights passing by. I would stop a taxi but no taxi's pass around here at all. I looked at Ethan to see he was opening the umbrella. "We take back street or main?" I asked since he was clearly the smart one.

He looked down the street for a second then turned back to me. "Well, considering that the end of the main street drops a little, it will be flood plus it takes us longer on the main street. The back street is a bit dangerous now considering it's pitch dark but it's the fastest way home. So back it is. Yay death!" he chirped the last piece in a high pitch voice before jumping up and down.

I rolled my eyes, "You're so dramatic. We're not going to die," I stated as we walked around the corner. "Yet. We haven't died yet," he corrected causing me to shake my head. I used my powers to create sort of a invisible air bubble around us so we wouldn't get wet at all. Sometimes having powers over nature pays off.

We started to head down the pitch black street and it was honestly a bit terrifying considering the rain made it harder to see and all the street lights were off. The dead silence made it worst. I took Ethan's hand in mine to make sure nothing would happen. Walking this way would normally take us about 10 minutes to get home but since it's raining, it would take 15 minutes.

We turned the corner again and headed down a darker street and I kid you not, it felt as if I was in a pitch black room. Ethan and I literally had to pull out our phones and turn on the flashlight. "Freya," Ethan's soft voice came besides me. I hummed in response.

"Freya," he called in a more creepier voice. "Stop that," I shoved him causing him to burst out laughing. "Someone's scared," he teased as he continued laughing.

"You should be," a voice came about 7 feet behind us causing us to jump and turn around. My eyes couldn't make out the person so I shined my flashlight on them to see it was Victor. Met Victor, the dickhead of this town. You see how there's some people who just enjoy watching you in pain? Well, that's him. He was in his late 20's and I'm pretty sure him and Janet got some type of STD history together.

I felt Ethan's hand grip tighter around mine and I knew he was sensing trouble just as I was. "What do you want Vic?" I hissed. (Picture of Victor below)

 (Picture of Victor below)