Picking the katana up, Mai noticed the little teddy key chain attached to the hilt of the sword.

"That's yours now. But you won't be using it yet." Kisame said as he took the sword from her and placed it back in the box. Reaching back into his cloak he then pulled out a wooden sword. "For now I'm going to teach you while using this. We don't need you accidently cutting something off...."

Getting right to work Mai sat Kurochi against a tree. Then, upon Kisame's orders she began running around the base for 5 hours before setting to work on practicing how to hold a sword and swing it.

To say he was shocked with Mai's stamina and speed would be an understatement. She was also a very quick learner too.

*Time Skip a year*

Mai has been training everyday from before dawn till dusk. Although she is a small child, she pushed herself.

Learning justus from Itachi, how to use a sword from Kisame, taijustsu from Sasori and Deidara, how to use a scythe from Hidan, how to be a leader from Pein as well as other small things, and how to survive in the world with money and other things from Konan and Kakuzu.

Tobi  wasn't assigned to teach Mai as the others believe he will just try to play with her and Zetsu was always to busy to teach her.

Mai, with her fast learning was considered a prodigy and was already learning high ranking techniques.

It was kind of hard at first though for Mai to learn how to use jutsus and use money as she couldn't see them so she would use kurochi and quickly memorize everything she needed to before time would run out. After a while though, with her keen hearing she was able to hear the movements being made, thus allowing her to copy Itachi who would then tell her if she was right our wrong.

She was now currently sparring against Itachi using her Katana as Kisame watched over her, yelling out tips.

"Alright, Alright, enough fighting." Konan called as she walked out if the base while hideing something behind her back. The others following behind her.

Mai tilted her head to the side, confused as to why her training was being interrupted.

Konan then pulled a cake from behind her back and placed it on a large rock in front of Mai.

"Happy Birthday Mai!" Konan and everyone else cheered.

A smile grew on Mai's face as realisation dawned on her that she forgot it was her 9th birthday.

"Thank you Minna!" Mai cheered happily with her big smile. Mai held out her hand and Deidara already knowing what she wants grabbed her hand and led her forward.

"Blow in front of you." He instructed.

Mai, listening blew in front of her, successfully blowing the candles on the cake out.

After a little celebration and enjoying some cake Mai walked off to a quiet area she tends to visit. Holding Kurochi she slowly used some of her energy (which she has learned was chakra) and fused it with kurochis, allowing her to see as she sat down and leaned against her favorite tree and began to sing one of her favorite her songs.

Fireflies

You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude but I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

As Mai was singing, animals from all around came out, surrounding her as fireflies flew around her body. Still singing,  she stood up and began dancing around with the lightning bugs

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance

A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
A disco ball is just hanging by a thread (thread, thread)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

Leave my door open just a crack
Please take me away from here
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Please take me away from here
Why do I tire of counting sheep
Please take me away from here
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell (said farewell)

But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar (jar, jar)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

As Mai finished her singing, she let out a deep breath before collapsing to the ground with a big smile on her face.