Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.

Start from the beginning

We threw out our trash by a nearby trashcan and headed to the parking lot. Ethan and I trailed behind Kai who was making his way up to a white BMW. He unlocked the car and Ethan got in the backseat whilst I took the passenger seat. Kai hopped in and started the car. I gave him our address and he headed to the house. After 15 minutes or so, we finally reached home and I saw my car still wasn't there which got me a bit more angry.

"Sorry but do you mind if I use your bathroom?" Kai's voice came from the driver's seat.

I wanted to say no because of our parents but he gave us a drop.

Ethan poked his head towards the front and he looked at Kai. "Sure but our parents are crazy people so enter at your own risk," he stated causing Kai to only nod. Before I could say anything, Ethan exited the car and ran up to the house. I looked at Kai who was just staring back at me. Although I couldn't see his eyes through the dark shades, I could sense his heavy gaze.

I opened my door and got out the car before walking up to the house. Ethan had already unlocked the door and I pushed it open to see he was standing in the hallway with a paper in his hand. He let out a scoff and passed me the paper. "I'm going to go get dress," he mumbled before marching off.

I looked down at the note in my hand and read it. It was a note from mother.

We ran out of beer again so Phil and I are going to just go to a bar and stay in the hotel. There's milk in the fridge and cereal in the cabnet.

"How the fuck you spell cabinet wrong?!" I shouted in anger only from thunder to boom louder than ever outside.

"Language!" Ethan shouted in a mocking tone from upstairs.

I rolled my eyes, "Just get dress," I shouted back only causing him to let out a laugh.

"That's your parents?" Kai's voice came over my shoulder causing me to jump a little startled. I nodded my head, "Sadly," I hissed as I crumbled up the note.

"Follow," I mumbled as I walked up the stairs. He followed behind and I led him to the guest bathroom. He walked towards it and thanked me.

"Welcome. My room is right there and Ethan's is there," I pointed to our rooms. He nodded his head and closed the door. I walked to my bedroom and closed and locked the door before walking to my closet. I got out my work clothes and stripped from my clothes before drying my skin and hopping into the dry clothes.

I unlocked my door and started to towel dry my hair. Looking at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but gaze upon my bruised face. Throwing the towel to my bed, I held up my shirt and saw there were bruises everywhere. My finger gently glide over my ribs where there was a huge bruise over it.

"You okay?' a voice came up behind me causing me to jump and quickly pull my shirt down. I looked behind me to see Kai with a sorrowful look on his face. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," he apologized. I looked to my door to see it was open. How come I didn't hear my door open?

"Sorry about randomly coming in as well," he mumbled causing me to look back at him. I slowly shook my head, "It's fine. I just thought you would of left right after you used the bathroom," I admitted and I tied my hair up.

His eyebrow rose, "You want me to leave that bad, huh," he spoke in a playful tone with a half smile on his lips.

I shrugged, "How come you always wear shades?" I asked. He seemed to have tensed up a bit and I quickly apologized for making him feel uncomfortable.

"No, you don't need to be sorry. It's just a personal thing. Maybe one day I will tell you...maybe," he mumbled. I nodded my head and tilted my head in curiosity, "Wait, not to be rude and all but why are you still here?" I asked.