Chapter 3: It's Castiel, not Cassiel

Start from the beginning

    "Yeah, well, you're gonna have to," Sam chimed in. She frowned. "And you're not going back Monday."

    "But my finals—"

    "You can't go back. They'll find you," Sam interrupted. Cassandra threw her head back and groaned.

    "Why can't you just wait around while I take them? I just need to take them, pass, and then we can go back to wherever you're taking me. It won't take long. Just a couple of hours. I'll even take them all early," she argued. Sam shook his head, shrugging. Cassandra's shoulders slumped slightly and she plopped down on the bed next to her. She bounced twice, cringing at the squealing springs that seemed as if they were screaming at her to get off.

    "Because we just can't. Cassandra, they will have angels galore waiting at that campus for you. It'll practically be Heaven there," Dean told her. "We can't risk you falling into their hands."

    "I can fight my way out," she lied. Dean rolled his eyes.

    "You just said you can't fight."

    "Dammit!" Cassandra mentally cursed herself, telling herself that she really needed to think about what she'd tell the Winchesters and their pet angel. Sam chuckled and shook his head. Suddenly, without warning, an idea popped into Cassandra's head. A plan. "I'm gonna go take a shower and change," she announced, swiping her bag up from the floor along with her boots and heading into the bathroom. Sam and Dean didn't question it, taking this as their chance to converse. As soon as the door was shut and locked and they heard the water turn on they started talking.

    "I can't believe that that is Michael's daughter. Isn't he the Angel of War or something?" Dean asked in a hushed tone. Sam nodded his head, shrugging.

    "Dean, she's been raised as a human. You heard the girl; she was an Atheist for her whole life up until the moment we showed up. Everything is new to her." Dean sighed and sat down on the bed, running a hand down his face.

    "I don't know, man. She just doesn't seem like our girl. Maybe Cas got it wrong."

    "You saw that Grace in her, Dean. Even if she's not Michael's daughter she is a Nephilim. They're dangerous, abominations. Heaven could use her or kill her either way. And she's innocent. You saw her. She wouldn't harm a soul," Sam argued. Dean nodded, licking his chapped lips as he thought Sam's words through. "Give her a chance."

    "Alright, fine. But the minute she screws up—"

    "She's gone, I know." Despite Dean's harsh tone, a smile made its way onto Sam's face.

    The water continued to pound on the bottom of the bathtub and Cassandra let out a grunt as she struggled to pull herself up on the ledge of the window. Luckily they had gotten a corner room on the bottom floor which meant there was a window in the bathroom just big enough to escape through. Once she managed to hoist herself up—no thanks to her nonexistent muscle—she snatched her backpack from the hook. Giving one last glance towards the bathroom door, she crawled through the window and jumped onto the ground, choking back a scream as she landed on her bad knee.

    "You all are fucking crazy," she grumbled under her breath, shaking her head as she started to make her way across the parking lot. She pulled her phone from her boot and turned it on, notifications starting to flood her phone. She cursed as her battery dropped ten percent, but she still had sixty percent left. That could get her far enough until she needed to stop and plug it in.

    Shocked to see that one of her friends from back home had left a voicemail, Cassandra clicked on it and brought the phone up to her ear.

    "Cassy, it's Michelle. There's some guy here who keeps asking for you. He says his name is Michael." Michelle's breathing sped up and it sounded like she was running. "Please call me back. He's trying to find your mom and now he sent someone after me. Cassandra, please. I can't outrun them forev—" Michelle's scream pierced the air on the other line, the speaker crackling as the phone fell to the ground. The voicemail still played. "Cassandra Moore, if you want your friend back alive then I suggest you meet me where your sister's life ended. You have four days."