Chapter 2: "This is the world's most dangerous Nephilim?"

Start from the beginning

"Angel Grace. See?" Castiel told the blond, gesturing to the wound with his blade. Cassandra opened a single eye, cringing as she studied it. Suddenly her eyes widened and she gasped, pulling her arm back and studying the Grace. Dean crossed his fingers and squeezed his eyes shut, silently praying that she wouldn't freak again. After a minute of silence he slowly opened them to see a calm Cassandra. Then, she screamed. Dean groaned as the door slammed shut.

"Get out of my apartment, you psychopaths!" she yelled from the other side of the door. Dean turned to Castiel and held his arms out in a 'what the fuck' gesture.

"Nice goin', Cas," Dean snapped before turning back to pound his fist on the door and jiggle the door handle. Sam sighed and got up, heading towards Cassandra's room. He shoved the angel and his brother out of the way and reached up to the top of the door frame, grabbing a wooden skewer from it. He turned and held it up to show Dean and Castiel before twisting back around to face the door. He slid the skewer into the tiny hole that was the lock, smirking at the loud pop! it made to let him know that he was successful in picking the lock.

Cassandra's head snapped up from her phone and she stared at Sam with wide eyes. She held up the device, her thumb hovering over the green button. "Get out or I'll call the cops," she threatened. Sam tilted his head, eyeing the wound on her arm. It was almost completely healed. Rolling his eyes, he reached forward and snatched the phone from her grasp, exiting out of the app. "Hey, give that back!" Cassandra reached for the phone but Sam held it above his head, arching a single eyebrow as the blonde jumped for it.

Dean and Castiel peeked their heads in to see what was going on.

"Let us explain everything and then I'll give it back," Sam bargained. Cassandra stopped jumping and crossed her arms over her chest. She let out a sigh and nodded. "Thank you." Sam stuffed the phone in his pocket and turned on his heel, sending Dean a smug smirk as he made his way back to the couch. He plopped down on the bouncy piece of furniture with Dean and Castiel following close behind. Cassandra bit her lower lip warily before slowly shuffling towards her chair, lowering her butt into the seat. Her fists balled the white sweater that she had thrown on right before her breakdown and she willed herself not to get up and run. Sam Winchester had her life in his coat pocket and she needed it back before she could bolt.

"Cas, you can explain now," Sam said. He turned to the angel. "And try not to be so blunt about it. Be gentle." Cas nodded slowly and assured the Winchesters that he'd do just that, but in reality all three of them knew that he wouldn't. Cas rubbed his hands together and turned his attention to the blonde. He took notice in her position. Her legs were curled up under her, clad in black leggings, and her arms were wrapped around her torso and clenching her sweater as she rolled her bottom lip between her teeth. She was frightened and trying to comfort herself. Castiel scared this girl.

"Cassandra, from what I can gather from the screaming earlier—" Dean snorted. "—you are an Atheist?" Cassandra nodded slowly, her gaze constantly shifting between Castiel, Dean, Sam, Sam's coat, and the front door. Sam shifted uncomfortably when the phone started to buzz for the third time. Cassandra took notice of this but decided not to say anything. She'd rather speak to an angel than get reprimanded by her mother for not calling on her younger sister's birthday...five months ago.

"Not anymore, you're not," Dean muttered. Cassandra frowned at him before looking back to Castiel.

"You're not human. At least not fully." Sam leaned back in his seat, rolling his hazel eyes. So much for not being blunt. "You are an angel with a human soul." Cassandra didn't show any sign of reaction. She simply tightened her grip on her sweater and let Castiel continue. "And you're the daughter of a very powerful angel who has been searching for you for quite some time now." Sam and Dean exchanged wide-eyed glances.