52: Just You

Colton:

I tried to keep my eyes off of her.
I tried but I failed miserably.
My eyes never leaving her.
Her long brown curly hair cascading down her shoulders touching the small of her back.
Her hips carelessly moving to the beat of the song. Her legs shown by the short flower dress she wore. Her soft shoulders exposed. Teasing me. Making me wonder. It's not like I hadn't seen her before. Her body. The way she moved. But tonight it was like I was seeing her with fresh eyes. Like I had the first time I'd laid eyes on her. She radiant.
She laughs at something Mel said. Her beautiful eyes meet mine. The smile on her face never faltering. Man...the things I would do for that smile.
"Savannah," Her name leaves my mouth so easily.
"Colton," She replies casually. A teasing tone in her voice. Her eyes daring me. "Can we talk?" I ask. Her eyes searching mine. She holds my gaze for a moment then looks back at Mel. "Catch up later?" She asks. Mel glances between us then nods at Savannah. She squeezes her arm gently as Savannah walks beside me. I lead the way to the side of the house. Her face dimly lit by the yellow street light. Yet it didn't take away from her beauty. It magnified it. "Did the scout talk to you?" She asks. I nod. "Shortly after the game. I'm meeting with him Thursday to sign on with Brown." I explain. I tried to read the expression on her face but I couldn't. She pressed her lips together. "Congratulations." She whispers. "I'm not doing the early admission for New York Art," She informs me after a moment. I sigh in defeat. I didn't want her to turn down the opportunity. Especially not for me. "I thought you should know." She adds. It was then I realized I hadn't said anything for a moment. "Savannah, I don't want you to give this up."
"Why are you pushing it so hard?" She asks defensively.
"Because I'm not worth it dammit." I grit.
"That's for me to decide. Besides, you're not the only reason. You're one. A big one but not the only one." She remarks. I stare at her. I didn't want to argue. Not anymore. Not about this. "Look, this is our senior year. Prom. Friends. Parties. Not spending a year in College while I leave all my friends behind. I'm already going to be there for 4 years. I'd like to enjoy the way things are now. With or without you, Colton." She takes a step towards me. "Though I'd prefer it to be with you. I can't force you to change your stubborn mind." She adds. I look over her. I didn't know what to say. So I do the only thing that seems right at this moment. I kiss her. Her lips are soft. They taste like wild berry lip gloss. Her small hands wrap around my waist. I hold her face in my hands. Her shoulders touching the side of the house with a gentle thud. She grips my shirt pulling me closer to her body. The smell of her shampoo filling my nose. I couldn't resist myself as I trail kisses down her neck and across her shoulders. Her shallow breaths in my ear. Her fingers now laces in my hair. She tugs my chin towards her. Her lips finding mine.  "Savannah," I grumble. She laughs pulling back to look at me. An innocent look on her face. "You have no idea what you're doing to me." I whisper. She shakes her head. Her fingers brushing against my forehead as she pushed back my hair. "On the contrary Collins you have no idea what you do to me. You're out of this world." She smiles. "We should go." I whisper. She nods. "We should." She agrees. Neither of us move. "Do we have to?" She asks. I shake my head. "I could stay here forever. With just you." I whisper. She smiles. "We should go. Mel will coming looking for us. Or worse my brother." She remarks. I sigh in defeat letting her down. I help her fix her dress as she helps me smooth down my hair. "We should do this again sometime." She states. I raise my eyebrows at her. "Oh, really?" I ask. She smirks at me. "Maybe later?" She asks walking away from me. I chuckle. Man I love this girl. I chase after her. My hand finding hers as we walked back towards the house. She stops by the entrance. "Did you want to leave?" She asks looking at me. Her eyes teasing me. I nod. She grins pulling me beside her. We had to walk since we rode with other people. "Where are we going?" I ask. Her small arm wraps around my waist. I rest my arm across her shoulders. "To the park." She whispered. When we arrived to the park it was empty. Not that it was a surprise considering its late at night. Savannah releases my hand running for the jungle gym. I shake my head but chase after her. She laughs sitting on the platform of the tower. The small wooden window allowing the moonlight to shine through. I take a seat beside her. She sighs. Her small fingers finding mine. She stays quiet for a moment. "What are you thinking?" I ask. She laughs lightly. "How much I used to hate you." She admits. "Oh," I say. She shakes her head. "It's crazy. I can't remember why I even did." She whispers. I look at her. A small smile on her lips. She leans over to kiss me. Her lips finding mine. Her fingers in my hair. "Colton," She whispers pulling back to look at me. Our eyes lock as a serious look appears on her face. "What are we going to do after graduation? I mean what if we don't get into the same school. How will we make this work?" She asks. I could see the worry in her eyes. "I don't know. Whatever happens I still want to be with you. I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen." I reassure her. A small smile formed on her lips. I loved that smile. I've always loved her smile. It made my heart swell. I've loved this girl for years. I wasn't going to give up on her now.