40: Confession

Savannah:
I needed to clear my head. I ran. I actually ran until I reached the Central Park where I laid on the grass under the tree. It was the only thing keeping me out of the sun. I was instantly starting to regret this. My body felt warm and sticky. So I closed my eyes trying to catch my breath. I was so out of shape it wasn't funny. Even though the sun was starting to set I wasn't ready to go home. Colton would be there. He would be waiting for me to go to bed to sneak into my room and leave before I was awake. Just like he has been doing for the past few nights. Groaning I climb to my feet and start my walk back to the house. My legs felt shaky and I felt winded but it was better than sitting at home. I take my sweet time to walk to my house but eventfully I arrived. When I opened the door I could hear several voices coming from the living room. I kick off my shoes and walk towards the entrance. When I seen Chloe sitting beside Colton on the couch my stomach dropped. I felt dumbfounded. A sick angry feeling was setting deep in my chest. I didn't know whether I wanted to cry or yell. "Where were you?" Brandon asks. I avert my attention to him. He was sitting on the opposite end of the couch with May at his feet. "Uh..running?" I answer. He raised his eyebrow in surprise. "You run?" He asked. "I do now." I reply. I glance at Colton once more. When his eyes meet mine I force myself to look away. I turn on my heel and head up stairs. Tears started to form in my eyes. I was good enough for him to sleep next to at night but I wasn't good enough to have his affection. I was tried of his mind games. I couldn't do it anymore. I stepped into my room and slumped onto my bed. I was surprised when there was a soft knock on my door. "Come in." I mumble wiping my face. May stepping to my room. She closed the door behind her. "I'm sorry." She whispered. From the look on her face I know that she knows. How? That I didn't know. I scuff. "I'm an idiot. Thinking that someone like him-"
"Doesn't deserve you. Look, he's an ass but you and I both know he's taunting you by having Chloe around." She explain stepping further into my room. "How long have you known?" I ask. "I've had a hunch for a while. Besides, I seen him sneak into your room one night." She admits sitting beside me on the bed. "You didn't tell Brandon?" I ask surprised. She shakes her head and sighs. "No. Look, I know that things haven't been the best between us and we aren't as close but you're my best friend, Savannah. I wouldn't tell him. There are just some things he doesn't need to know about." She explained. I nod my head. "If it makes you feel any better he's shot down any advances she's tried making towards him." She said. Though I didn't care to admit it did make me feel better. She bumps her shoulder lightly into mine. "So, you really like him?" She asks. I laugh softly. "More than I should." I admit. A smile appears on her face. "You two are cute. Whatever happens just know that I'll always be in your corner. Even if your brother doesn't agree with you two being together. You support us and I support you." She explain. I nod my head. It was nice to hear. "So, you went running?" She asked. "I needed to clear my head but I almost killed over on the way there." I laugh which causes her to laugh as well. "You should come watch the movie with us." She announced after a moment. I shake my head. "No, thanks. I think I'm going to bed." I say. She gives me a sympathetic smile and stands up. "Alright, well I'll see you tomorrow." She said. I nod my head as she walks out of my room. I change into a pair of shorts and a tee shirt laying down in bed. The sun was completely set and the street light was peaking through my curtain. I stared at the ceiling waiting to fall asleep. Only I didn't and time seemed to drift on. Eventually the house fell quiet. Subconsciously I wondered if Chloe was laying in bed with Colton. After a moment curiosity got the best of me. I stood up from my bed and tip toe towards my door. As I start to turn the door handle it opens. I step back to find Colton standing there. I couldn't see his face clearly but I could make out his figure. "What are you doing?" He questioned me in a whispered tone. I hesitate for a moment. "Locking the door." I lie. He sucks in a deep breath. "Why?" He asks. "So you can't come in." I finally say. He stays quiet for a moment then steps into the room closing the door. "Savannah,"
"No, I have feelings you know? You can't just keeping coming in here and leave in the morning. You act like nothing happened. You don't acknowledge my presence in the day and you throw Chloe in my face." I snap.
"Savannah,"
"Stop. Jesus, I miss you, okay? And even though your being an asshole..I still do. I don't know why but I do. And I wish that I didn't because it sucks not having you around. You can't just-" I'm cut off when his lips meet mine. It takes me a moment to grasp that he's kissing me. His fingers are crammed into my hair pulling me closer. I wrap my arms around his neck pulling my body to his. I missed this. I've missed kissing him. I wanted to groan when his lips left mine. "I miss you, too." He whispered. I register what he was saying. "Look, you're right. I am being an asshole. I should have let you explain this but I was angry that you let yourself fall into my mother's trap. Instead of trying to work this out with you, I pushed you away. Which is the biggest mistake I made." He paused. "I can't sleep without you. I've tried but I can't. I need you. Which is why I kept coming in here and I am sorry for leaving you in the morning." He apologized. "So will you please forgive me?" He asks. I ponder on it a moment but nod. He kisses me once more pulling me closer towards him. I lightly tug on his hair as I kiss along his neck. A low groan escapes his lips. We walk back until my back touches the bed. I laugh but kiss him once more. I rub my fingers along his back. A soft moan escapes my lips when he kissed the sensitive spot on my neck. I move my hands towards the waist of his pants. "Wait, we don't have to." He whispered. His eyes meet mine. "I want to." I say. His eyes scan over mine once more before he presses his lips to mine again.