eleven

the next morning i rolled straight out of bed and went to kian's room, so i climb up onto the roof. kian was in san clemente with his family. he probably ran away to his parents because i knew about him and meredith.

i effortlessly, due to experience, climbed up to the roof.

as soon as i got onto the roof i saw jc's head poking out from the other side.

i walked over and said good morning.

"you're up early." jc said, giving me a small smile.

"yup. i didn't stay up too late after i ran out. i talked to harrison a bit and that's it." i hugged my shoulders, as hot as it gets in california it was a bit chilly.

"i'm sorry for snapping at you. i just don't think it matters whether i date kian or not. or any of the guys in the house for that matter." i sat down next to jc and rested my head on his shoulder.

jc didn't say anything for awhile, before breathing in and finally replying. "i'm sorry too. i can't say it doesn't matter to me who you date, because it does. i'm your big brother, i love you and i wanna look out for you."

"i know, i know. and i shouldn't have gotten pissed about it." i said.

"it's fine. i understand, cas, just please listen to me more often?"

i nodded. "i will. and you don't have to worry about kian anymore. since he's still with meredith."

"i'm sorry about him. he doesn't mean to be a douchebag, he's just, naive?"

i laughed. "yeah, that's the word for it. hey, speaking of kian. i need to text him. and i'm gonna go get something to eat."

once downstairs, i got a bowl of cereal and sat down at the couch. i grabbed a blanket and wrapped myself in it and unlocked my phone to text kian.

me: when were u going to tell me about meredith?

i set my phone down, knowing he was with family and it'd probably take him some time to answer. within a second of setting my phone down it vibrated.

kian: what?

me: lil birdy tells me ur still with meredith. wtf kian.

kian: cassidy what are you talking about meredith and i broke off whatever we had awhile ago.

me: ok.

kian: she was controlling and crazy, i ended it. i don't do shit like that.

me: and what if i don't believe you?

kian: please believe me. i wouldn't lie about something like this especially not to you.

me: fine, i believe you.

kian: i swear i would never lie or cheat

me: kian! i believe you. but i don't think i'm ready to be whatever you want to be.

i set my phone down finally, not wanting to wait to see what kian would say. i turned on the tv, flicking through whatever was on. i decided to just watch spongebob.

harrison came downstairs, not seeing me. he was singing to himself, and he was pretty into it so i didn't say anything. eventually he saw me and jumped. "jesus christ!"

i burst out in laughter, nearly choking. "oh my god your face!" i shouted.

harrison clutched his chest. "jesus, i turn around and see a mound of blankets staring at me, nearly died of a heart attack."

i was still laughing so hard i could barely breathe when harrison attacked me and tickled me. "harrison!!" i screamed, kicking my leg up and accidentally landing it right in his stomach.

he jumped back and fell on the ground, groaning in pain. "take me to a hospital." he joked.

"oh my god, i'm sorry. reflexes." i got up and lent him my hand, picking him back up.

"it's all good." harrison said.

we both just smiled at each other before bobby came downstairs.

"wow, am i interrupting something?" bobby asked.

harrison gave a sheepish laugh and i just smiled at bobby. "nope, just hanging out, care to join?"

the three of us sat on the couch and all ended up watching spongebob together while i slowly fell for harrison.