nine

harrison and i were eating breakfast downstairs, enjoying each others silent company. there was no sound in the house other than the clink of forks against plates. it was about six in the morning and even jc was still asleep. i'm not a morning person but waking up to watch the sunrise and talk to harrison wasn't bad at all. in fact it's comforting, and i'd lose a couple of hours of sleep for it. 

our comforting silence was interrupted by harrison's phone. it started buzzing, which startled him a bit. "one moment." he scrambled to answer his phone, only letting me hear a small "hello?" and rushing to another room.

i sighed and looked down at our plates. we were both done eating so i cleaned both our plates off and picked everything up. once i was finished cleaning, i walked to the living room and plopped down on the couch. 

i waited about an hour doing nothing but mindlessly scrolling through my phone. finally i heard someone walking downstairs, who i hoped was harrison. 

"hey, you're awake early again." it was kian. 

i looked up at him and smiled. "oh, yep. you are too, you usually wake up late."

he chuckled and sat down next to me, looking a little nervous.

"so, um.." kian started.

i sat up a bit and motioned my hand for him to keep going.

he shifted uncomfortably and continued. "i was wondering if you maybe wanted to go on a date? next week maybe?" his face was tinted red, a shade so light you could barely tell he was blushing.

i couldn't help but let out a laugh. he was such a nervous wreck. 

"isn't this a harrison webb fanfiction?" i asked. (just kidding. u wish.)

"kian, holy shit you look like you're going to explode. sure, i'd love to go on a date with you." i answered, laughing again.

his face lit up, lips curling into a smile. "great! to be honest, i hadn't planned how it'd go yet.. i didn't expect to get this far." his face turned a faded red again.

i rolled my eyes, just barely smiling. "you're a goofball. just tell me the details later."

he nodded, returning the small smile.

first week in la and i already had a date.

come next week, thursday to be exact, kian lived up to his word. 

harrison and i hadn't been talking as much, he seemed to distance himself a bit once i told him about kian and i's date. i shook it off and told myself it was nothing, i hadn't known him that long and we weren't super close anyway. but the absent company wasn't amazing. 

kian decided to take me to olive garden, which woo'd me over just by the invitation.  i didn't want to overdress so i just wore a white off the shoulder top and jeans. 

the date started off normal, it wasn't too awkward even though we weren't talking that much. kian was actually being a gentleman which could shock some. 

i was half-way through a bread stick when kian brought up an uncomfortable subject.

"so, you're getting pretty close with harrison." kian asked.

i looked up from my breadstick, most of it stuffed in my cheeks. "yes.." i mumbled through my food.

kian sighed, which was a bit dramatic. "don't get too.. caught up in harrison. he tends to just bring girls home. y'know, he's one of those 'i don't like you, i like the idea of your body on mine' type of people."

i set my breadstick down, staring at kian in disbelief. "what are you getting at? that i'm in love with harrison and want to get into his pants?"

kian's eyes widened. "no! i'm just saying. be careful. in fact, it's not just harrison, a lot of douches around here are like that." 

i nodded. i knew he was just trying to save himself. i shrugged it off and continued eating my breadstick as the date continued as a normal date should go.

 who knew what kian said would stick.