1

She walked into her house, setting down her keys and ruffling her hair as she pulled it out of its bindings. Her day had been long, filled with morning errands and a brief meeting with her manager.

It was mind blowing to believe that in just a few short months, big things would start happening for Mazie.
First would be the move.

As a kid, Mazie and her family picked up and left the west coast for the good old south. Things happened here in the south. Mazie's parents split, her mother gave up all rights to her and then her grandmother passed away.

It had been ten years since all that happened and she now found her ways to get past it all. One of them had been video games.

Her passion for games started three years back when ventured into the Call of Duty world. It had been a short lived love affair, one that ended the moment she made the mistake of making it known she was a girl.
But rather than quitting all together, she began playing other games. And when she reached a point in her game she could not get past, she would look it up on YouTube. This was how her newfound love for YouTube started.

Two years later, ShePlaysGames now had over eight hundred thousand subscribers.

Her channel started out just as cringy as anyone's would. She tried to disguise her voice but failed miserably. That had been when she went from her cringy channel name to ShePlaysGames. The name was cringy itself but it still worked. She did technically play games.

Mazie slouched down onto her small love seat that acted as the only sofa in her tiny living room. She propped her legs up on the back of the sofa and stared at the ceiling. Somewhere in the bottom black abyss of her purse, her cell phone slept soundly. She actually kind of needed it but she had dropped her purse somewhere on the way to the couch and now that she was relaxing she had no desire to get up.

She just only hoped no one important planned on calling. She was exhausted.

But there could be no sleep for Mazie. She had been neglecting her channels both on YouTube and Twitch. She had even stopped tweeting and she knew her friends were getting worried. She even stopped popping up in her discord chat.

"No rest for the wicked," she cried out dramatically.  "I just need a break!"

And she did but it would not be anytime soon. This move back west would take a huge chunk out of Mazie's bank account. She was fortunate her dad was growing tired of Georgia and was ready for a new scene. Of course, he would not accompany Mazie all the way to California but he would be halfway across the country either. Her father had decided he'd trade in the God awful humidity and southern hospitality for some dry heat, miles of sand and cactus and maybe a few casinos, he had the money after all.

At one point, her father had been a mildly successful lawyer until he lost a case that was so important to him. After that, he traded in the ties and suits for a more respectable dad attire and even began saving his money rather than splurging it. After his divorce to Mazie's mother, he took up a job at a local car dealership where he brought back the ties and suits before quitting and just becoming a district manager for some clothing store. Because Mazie was now without a mother, he filled the role as best as he could and with that money had saved, he put his daughter through college and even got her started in her YoutTube career.

She was grateful to call that man her father. She knew many were not fortunate to even have a parent who cared enough to save for their future. Mazie made sure to do her father proud and while she was in school, she managed to land her dream job.

However, just two weeks back she had to put in her two weeks because she realized Georgia was not going to cut it for her. She had bigger dreams than this sweet state. Bigger dreams than saving someone's precious pet, though her bigger dream still included it. But that's why she realized she needed to move.

California presented opportunities Georgia didn't. Out there she could focus on making her YouTube channel grow and making a name for herself. Exactly how did you focus on making a name for yourself when you lived a double life?

Mazie kept her identity secret. On Twitch and YouTube, she never showed her face or revealed her name. The acquired the name Shelia from one of her first ever subscribers because she refused to share her name. And since she found it fitting, she kept the name.

Groaning loudly, she forced herself off the couch by sliding down instead of getting up like a human. Rather than walk, she crawled over to where her purse laid on the floor and she began digging through it, pulling out receipts, change, candy wrappers and her wallet.

She turned her purse upside down. All the contents within came flowing out. Change clanked together and then came her phone. Mazie tosses aside the pleather bag and picked her her phone.

So far it was empty of text messages and phone calls so she took to twitter first. Because she recieved so many notifications, she had turned them off for twitter. Before she checked her notifications box, she went straight into tweeting.

Shelia @ShePlaysGames

Absolutely exhausted but it's well worth it. Can't wait to share 😚✌

She forgot about checking her notifications and when straight to scrolling through her timeline to see what everyone was up to.

Craig/Mini Ladd @MiniLaddd

Stream going live in an hour.

|

Shelia @ShePlaysGames

It's gonna be lit