Part 8

The Moby Dick sailed through the waves taking the crew aboard toward the adventure waiting on Scorched Island. By the time the crew docked the sun was midway up in the sky with few clouds to hide it.  The amount of people was extremely small like the former Red Rages' captain had said, and the reason for it was obvious as he had told them.  More than half the island was on fire, the place was hotter than the sun, and everything, aside from the few people they could see, was covered in a black char.

     The first thing the crew did when they disembarked was explore what little of the town there was.  Several of the citizens had started up a conversation with them.  Having next to no visitors stop on the island their curiosity overwhelmed any fear they might or should have felt.

     Sak remained with Ace as they reached Scorched Island.  Once on the island Sak had spotted the openly blazing fire and made a beeline for it.  While hesitant to allow Sak to jump into the flames, Ace had received conformation from several islanders that the bird he had with him was in fact a "Phoenix".

Sak sat in the heated flames of small patch of fire. It swallowed the bird entirely covering every inch. The feathers on Sak began to let off a white smoke until it died down only to be replaced by vigorous crackling. The fire suddenly spiked and the orange red flames rose higher into the sky. The flames blazed on for half an hour before settling.

     Newly emerged from the fire, Sak's feather's covered a much larger body. Standing at the same height as Whitebeard Sak had more than tringintupled in size. Sak's wings arched out with two distinct layers of smoldering feathers, and Sak's neck was elongated and made up most of the newly acquired height.

Startled by the new appearance Ace and those present from the crew took a step back.