Chapter 17 - Unbreakable

SHIRO'S POV
    Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days. I was already worried for Pidge. We've all tried talking some sense into her, but of course she refused to listen. Always hidden somewhere, like a ghost, as they say. Metaphorically, of course. We all knew exactly where Pidge was- the infirmary.

    After hearing about Y/N's situation, she hasn't left her side, even in the state she's in. Pidge rarely leaves the room, if at all. And each time she looks worse than the last. She barely sleeps, doesn't eat much and definitely steers clear of us all. It's becoming more worrying by the hour.
    "Hey, Shiro." A voice says from behind me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to see whom I was speaking to.
    "Oh. Hey Keith." I said, smiling lightly. "What's up? I thought you were training, as usual of course."
    He chuckled replying, "It's getting kinda late, so I was heading back to my room. What are you doing?" He raised an eyebrow at me.
"Actually, I was going to check on Pidge."
Keith sighed. We all usually went to check on Pidge, and whether she would talk to us is a different story. "Let us know how she's doing, okay?" Keith smiled before walking off.

PIDGES POV

"...and that's when we got into his canoe, and continued towards my lion." I smiled softly, pulling my knees to my chest. I'd been telling Y/N about when Shiro and I first found my lion, and other similar stories. I winced, hearing the infirmary door open behind  me. Great. Another one of their attempts to try and get me to actually do something.

"Hey, Pidge." A voice spoke from behind me. I immediately identified the person as Shiro. 

"Hey, Shiro." I said, voice flat. He walked towards me, and stood beside Y/N's pod. I looked up at him, standing beside her pod, the one thing that was keeping her alive for all we knew.

"How are the two of doing?" He asked, smiling towards me. It astounded me sometimes. How could he be so positive? Especially in a time like this.

"Y/N hasn't changed.. and I've been fine. Keeping her company until she wakes up." Ah, yes. The familiar lie I told myself these days. 

She'll wake up.

She'll be fine.

 In the back of my head I knew there was a great chance she might not wake up, and even if she did it may be years later. But the fire inside me still burned. I would not succumb to believing that she wouldn't wake up.

"Pidge.." He started, "we're all worried about you. It's been weeks. We never see you out anymore, because you're always locked up in here. I know you want to be here the moment she wakes up. I know you want to keep her company, but really, Pidge.." Shiro paused, turning to me, "If she woke up right now, and saw how unhealthy you've become, what would she say? Is this really what she would want you to be doing?"

And that was it. The barrier inside me fell, collapsing.. and I broke down.

His words hit my core. What was I doing? Y/N wouldn't want this..

"Shiro.." I seemed to lose my voice then, the words I wanted say were fleeting from my mouth. I suddenly felt two arms wrap around me. I fell into them, finally allowing all of that pent up energy inside me to release.

I don't remember how long I cried for. I had so much to think of, so much to silently apologize for. I only remember Shiro being there to comfort me the entire time, whispering consulting words that helped me to calm down. In the end, I nearly cried myself to sleep, so Shiro ended up carrying me back to my room.

A/N

Hey guys! Star here :)

ayee im v sorry for not posting this chapter yet! Ill post the next chapter soon as well