Chapter 14 - Please..

A/N ~ hey guys! I'm starredwillow and I'll be co-authoring here so, here's chapter 14^^

PIDGES POV

I rushed to Y/N's side. Parts of her H/C hair rested on her face, her hands resting atop each other peacefully. She was limp. Like...... a lifeless body. 'N-No!' I thought. 'S-she's alive!' My mind raced, thoughts, emotions storming up inside me.

"Y/N! Y/N! Are you alright?? Please.. Answer me! Y/N!!" I frantically cried, nudging my girlfriend softly. 'WAKE UP!' My mind screamed, over and over again until it became a jumbled mess. Lance told me she was in pain.. now for her to be rendered unconscious.. I froze, my body shocked, my mind shocked. There was nothing I could do. All I could do was sit to the side and wait.. and I hated it.

"Pidge, come on we need to get her in the healing pod." Allura said from behind me, grabbing my shoulders and dragging me back. Before I could respond, Shiro had carefully lifted her and set her inside a pod, pressing a button. The light blue fluid inside encased Y/N's body. It looked sluggish and gross. A neutral expression laid on her face, her body floating a few inches off the floor of the pod. I sighed, and turned to face Allura.

"Allura.. w-will Y/N be okay? I feel dumb for asking b-" I said. Shiro cut me off. "But you care about her. It's alright, Pidge. Y/N will be just fine." He smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me. It was working. I smiled lightly. It may be a smile but I was sad. Scared. Scared.. for Y/N.

"Thanks, Shiro." I readjusted my glasses, sighing lightly. I gave one last look towards the pod. 'Y/N.. come back for me, will you?' I'll keep watch over her. I don't even know how bad it was, but now that she's unconscious could means something bad..

Turning, I walked out, leaving the rest of the paladins in the infirmary. I stalked back to my room, shutting the door. Placing my glasses down on the side table, I switched off the lights and changed into my pajamas. I usually spend the entire night working on my gadgets or such, but.. I just couldn't get Y/N off my mind. Thoughts of her crowded my mind. I couldn't get away from it.

I didn't want to get away from it...

From her. Y/N was special to me. More than just my girlfriend, she was the light of the world to me. I wanted her safe. I needed to keep her safe. My heart yearned to protect her, from anything. And just that makes me ever more determined to finish off Zarkon and his Galra empire once and for all. After that, we'd go back to earth. Y/N and I would live out our lives, together that is. Just to see her in that natural environment - the breeze weaving in and out of her hair, dancing between every strand, her face enveloped and brightened by the sun.

I shook my head. What was getting into me? I tried to push everything aside. Y/N would be awake soon. Yes, I was sure of it. Even if she was not, tomorrow I'll do everything I can to figure out a way to stop Zarkon.

I sighed and laid down, shoving my headphones over my ears. I let the music play, imagining all my worries fading away. To others it may seem like a practical childs method, but it was something my brother taught me when I was young. He used to get terrible nightmares, and this seemed to fix it. Temporarily at least. A memory from sometime ago played in the back of my mind. I remembered Y/N seemed to have terrible nightmares too...

-flashback-

The door slides open and I walked in, making sure to stay quiet so I don't wake her up.

I remember..

I tiptoed over to her bed side, only to see her thrashing around with tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

She seemed to be having a nightmare, something terrible.

I lightly shook her, "babe?...y/n..." I whispered. I saw her eyes flutter open and her breath hitched. Once she realized it was me, she relaxed a little. I lifted up the blanket and laid down next to her. She turned and faced me. A tear slid down her cheek as her eyes gazed every aspect, every inch of my face.

I sighed, my mind replaying the memory over and over again. It'd been a long enough day already, I figured I should take advantage of the situation. I closed my eyes, drifting to sleep. I decided I would visit Y/N tomorrow, and spend every moment I could making sure she was safe..