Nightmares become Reality

Blaming

Is something that I no longer do. I don't blame myself for my mom, uncle, and aunt being dead. Or the fact that my dad is in a mental hospital. I now have legal custody  of my sister and my family is torn. I lost my bestfriend/sister, my dad, and my siblings. Nothing will ever be the same after that night. 

It just so happened to be my birthday. I went to sleep early because I had a relaxing day planned for myself. I woke up to feeling like I can't breathe. I sat up in bed and held my neck as I looked around my room. I heard laughing but thought that I was going crazy. The light turned on and I saw my mother standing there with a gun. I grabbed my phone and called my dad and started to scream. She shot me in my arm to get me to shut up. 

She dragged me out the room and into the hallway and down the stairs. As she did so I realized that the house was quiet and no one heard the shots or my scream. She took me downstairs to the living room. She was talking to herself and I started to pass out. I came to when I heard my uncle asking her what she was doing. He came to my side and she shot him. 

I watched uncle Riz collapse infront of me and that struck a nerve for her. 

"You made me kill him. you are always taking away the good ones for me"

I heard the door open and in came rushing my aunt

"Nyla I'm sorry. It slipped"

My aunt ran over to us and hugged my uncle.  I couldn't take it anymore and closed my eyes. 

I woke up in the hospital with my arm and side bandaged up and RJ by my side"

He looked out of it

"Please tell me what happened"

"Ma shot Riz, Nyla shot Ma and then turned the gun on herself. Riz was trying to save you"

I broke down crying as my grandparents walked in. My grandpa rushed in to my side 

I started to see the light and I wanted to move toward it and then my eyes opened. 

I realized I was dreaming and I sat up in the bed because Avery turned on the lights and was on me

"Avery what happened baby"

"I had a nightmare of what happened that night"

"Avery what are you talking about baby?'

I felt her touch my arm and I looked won and saw my scar. I knew that wasn't a nightmare but my reality.

Everything came back at once. I got out of bed and picked up Avery and we went downstairs. I got us some icecream and we got comfy on the couch and RJ joined us. 

He cuddled up with us and we all fell asleep together. Out of my 4 siblings, I was okay with having 2 of them apart of my life everyday but I did miss the other two.