Chapter 13 - I'm okay...

Dana P.O.V

"Why me?" I sighed covering my face with my pillow. Why can't I just get a decent night of sleep without someone bothering me?!?!

I groaned rolling over to the side of my bed closest to the night stand. I peered over the covers too see that it was 3:00 in the morning.

Who could be calling me at this time of night? I sighed grabbing my phone to see who was calling me.

"This better be important Cole" I groaned. I could hear people talking all at once behind him.

"D-Dana..." He choked out. I sighed

"Yes Cole, this is Dana ... Who else would it be??" I said annoyed. If it isn't already obvious, I do not take well to being woken up.

"There's been an accident..." He said with a shaky voice. I shot up quickly.

"Cole, are you okay?!" I asked worriedly. I could hear him breathing hard on the other end of the line. I could tell he had been fighting back tears.

"I-I'm fine" he sobbed. I began to get a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Cole" I choked out. Preparing myself for the bad news to come. And boy...was it bad!

****

"What the hell happened!!" I shouted walking up to Cole and the rest of the boys who were all sitting in the Emergency room. I was beyond worried.

When I reached them I noticed that all of them had injuries...they were all covered in bruises and scatches. My eyes scanned each of them.

Dalton had some gauze wrapped around his arm. I could see that the gauze was tainted red from his blood.

Gabe had gauze wrapped around his head, and on this shoulder.

Will had his arm in a sling and one of this fingers was wrapped in some sort of brace.

I glanced at Cole. He had bruises on his face and neck. A busted lip. He had gauze on both of his arms and around his head.

"Th-the car...it came out of nowhere" he said through the tears. I hugged him softly. I brought him down so that he could sit. I sat next to him rubbing his shoulder.

"Cole what exactly happened" I asked worriedly. He sighed closing his eyes tightly

"We all went out to get some ice cream...the boys, Genesis, Sarah and I...I was the one driving..." His voice broke off as the tears ran down his face.

"We were driving to the ice cream place, singing...having a great time...We were coming across a corner and the next thing I knew we were crashed into..." He sobbed. "It wasn't a big car or anything...it was just a truck but...Dana he was going so fast...paramedics were surprised we didn't flip over..." He shook his head sobbing.

"We would've called you earlier but we were all getting fixed up" Will choked out.

"I called you as soon as we got discharged Dana, I wish you would have known sooner" Cole sobbed.

"Wh-where's Genesis and Sarah?" I asked nervously. Cole sobbed harder

"Th-They were both on the side of the car that we were hit on" he sobbed. "Sarah was in the passenger seat, and Gen was sitting right behind her..." He sobbed.

I sprung up from my seat. I looked around the room hoping to see either of them.

"Cole where are they?!" I asked freaking out. "Are they okay?"

"S-Sarah's okay..." He sobbed. My heart stopped. I literally just felt everything slow down. It felt like my whole world came crashing down.

"Wh-where's Genesis" I mumbled.

I followed Cole through the hospital hallways. It felt like we were walking for hours but in reality it was only a matter of seconds. We finally arrived to a room. Rm 113.

"Sh-she's in there" he whispered. I took a deep shaky breath before reaching for the doorknob and opening it slowly.

I opened the door and my eyes landed on Genesis' parents and Sarah. Sarah had a brace on her right ankle. Her arm was wrapped in gauze and was resting in a sling.

They looked at me and smiled weakly. I gulped as my eyes landed on Genesis. She was laying in the bed with her parents and Sarah on either side of her.

"Dana" her mom mumbled. She liked tired. I smiled weakly walking over to her. She wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"How is she?" I whispered.

"She hanging in there" her mom whispered

"First thing that came out of her mouth when the paramedics got to the scene was your name" her father said with a nod.

My eyes widened. I pulled away from Genesis' mom to look over at her father.

"What?" I mumbled. Genesis and I haven't truly spoken to each other since that night at her house a few months ago. Since the night we finally said goodbye to ...us.

"She was being rolled into the ambulance, and the paramedics were trying to get her to speak to them...they were asking her a bunch of questions but she wasn't answering any of them...the only thing she said when they were rolling her away was your name" Sarah explained.

My breathing hitched. Why would she say MY name? ... Of all the things that were running through her head at that moment...why me??

"We'll give you a minute" her mom said patting my shoulder. I stayed in the same spot. I was staring down at Genesis when I heard the door shut.

I shakily walked over to the side of her bed and sat down on the recliner. I reached out and stroked her hand gently.

She stirred a bit before opening her eyes. She stared up at the ceiling for a few seconds before she began too look all around the room.

Her eyes finally landed on me and I felt her relax. She had a couple scrapes and bruises on her face. The side of her lip was cut up badly and it was swollen a bit.

I noticed she also had some scratched on the side of her neck. My eyes landed on the scratch beneath her eye. She had some stitches on it. The tape kind.

"Hey" she said. Her voice hoarse. I felt my lip quiver slightly

"H-hi" I mumbled trying to maintain my composer.

"I-I'm sorry you have t-to see me like th-this" she choked out. I shook my head slowly and a tear escaped me.

"I was so scared Gen...I was afraid I might lose you" I mumbled looking down.

"I'm still here" she whispered. I glanced up at her. She gave me a weak smile. "I promised, remember" she said referring to that night at her house.

"It's just when I got the news...I-I couldn't help but to think the worse...I thought....I th-"

"I'm okay..." She cut me off

"Gen you're hurt" I choked out. She smiled

"You're here with me now....and I'm okay" she said with a smile before closing her eyes and drifting off into a calm sleep.

****HEY GUYS!!!! I HOPED YOU ENJOYED THAT HELLA DRAMATIC CHAPTER!! LOLOL!!

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL GET INTO MORE DETAIL ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED DURING THE ACCIDENT, SO STAY TUNED!!!

OHHH ALMOST FORGOT...WILL YOU GUYS BE SO KIND TO CHECK OUT MY NEW ASHTON IRWIN FANFIC??

ITS CALLED "Torn". ID REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU GUYS WOULD CHECK IT OUT (:

WELL TILL NEXT TIME MY LOVELIES!! KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER :)

LOVE YOU ALL****