【𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 17】Two Shades of Sicko

Start from the beginning

Afton checked her phone for the address one more time before walking towards the door. She knocked loudly, and waited a few moments before knocking again. There was a quiet shuffling on the other side of the door before it opened.

"Hello ma'am. I'm Deputy Afton, I'm looking for Mrs. Jay." She said. The woman fastened her robe and opened the door a bit more.

"That's me." She replied. Afton held up the sketch of the purple guy.

"Are you familiar with this man." She asked. The woman grabbed the paper and nodded.

"He's a tenant at my apartment complex. Why?" She asked. Afton frowned.

"Would you mind if we came in and asked you a few questions about him?" Afton replied. The woman stood for a second before stepping aside, the two officers walked in.

"You can sit on the couch if you'd like." Mrs. Jay said and sat on a chair. They nodded and sat down on the couch.

"What can you tell us about him." Afton said and pointed towards the picture. She shrugged.

"Not much, he keeps to himself. Hell, I don't even know his name." She replied and took a drink of her tea.

"What do you mean?" Afton asked with raised eyebrows.

"His brother pays his rent. Well, I think it's his brother, they look similar. Minus the skin and eyes." She replied with a shrug. Thank God, this could be a lead, Afton thought.

"Do you know his brother's name?" Afton asked. The woman shook her head.

"I can go check my computer though." She said and stood.

"Yes. Please." Afton replied with a nod. The woman walked down the hall. After a few minutes she returned with a piece of paper. She handed it to Afton.

"This is all the information I have on them. I hope it helps." She said. Afton looked at paper and smiled.

"It does, A lot. Thank you." Afton said and walked out the door.

"Come on, let's get to Snowdin and find this son of a bitch." Afton said and started up the car. After a few minutes of driving they came up to a small apartment complex painted several different shades of white and blues.

Afton looked at the paper and put in the key code to open the gate. She parked the car and got out. She looked at the paper and began walking towards the small cluster of studio apartments. Number 1,987. After walking up two flights of stairs they came to it. Her knuckles rapped loudly on the wooden door. There was no answer.

"Hello. Is anyone there? This is Deputy Afton. Open up!" She yelled and continued pounding. After about 30 more seconds she sighed. She grabbed her gun and stepped back. Her foot met the door with great force, making it pop open. She scanned the small room but found nothing other than an immaculate couch and coffee table.

"Clear." Afton called out to Baby. She walked in and stared.

"It doesn't look like anyone's been here for days." She said. Afton nodded and grabbed her phone. She clicked a few things before holding it up to her ear.

"Afton here, we made a trip to Phantom Jay's house and got the purple guys address. He isn't here though, and it doesn't look like he has been for a while... okay... alright. Put Lunar on the phone... Onette? Yeah, I'm gonna need the address for Vincent Mauve. As quickly as possible please. Okay thanks, Bye." She pulled the phone away from her ear and ended the call.

"There's going to be a team here to examine everything-" There was a ding on her phone. She looked and sighed. "You stay here and wait for everyone. I'll go get Vincent." She said. Baby nodded. Afton walked away and into her car. After buckling up she called Onette back and put him on speaker.

"Please tell me you were researching Vincent." She said and pulled out of apartments. Onette laughed.

"Of course I was. So... Vincent Mauve. Heh that's pretty ironic. His last name is a shade of purple." He replied. Afton rolled her eyes.

"Stick to the matter at hand please." She said. He sighed.

"Okay okay. Vincent Mauve. He is a security guard at the mall. He's never been married. He moves around a lot, too. He's only been living here for about five months. So has his purple friend. He also not only pays rent for the apartment and his house, he owns a 50 acre field." Onette said. Upon hearing this, Afton raised her eyebrows.

"It's just a field?" She asked.

"Yep. There is a huge sewer underneath it though." He replied. She nodded.

"What about credit card purchases? Anything weird?" She asked. There was a faint clicking the background before he sighed.

"Nope. The only thing he buys is food and toiletries." He replied. She growled.

"Anything on his web history? I don't know, like, child pornography or something!?" She angrily shouted.

"Nope, as far as I'm concerned, this guy's a saint." He said. Afton moaned in frustration. She looked up and saw the front of a small house coming into view. She sighed.

"I've gotta go Onette. Keep me posted if you find anything." She said and grabbed the phone.

"Will do." He replied. She ended the call and slipped it in her back pocket. She walked towards the front door and gave a loud knock. After a few moments the door opened to reveal a tall man in a pair of purple pajamas.

"Can I help you officer?" He asked. Afton kept on an emotionless poker face on.

"Are you Vincent Mauve?" She replied. He nodded.

"You're going to have to come with me sir." She said. He adjusted his posture and cracked his neck.

"Why?" He asked. She was beginning to grow impatient.

"To answer a few questions, now are you going to do this peacefully or am I going to have to use my handcuffs?" She asked. He laughed.

"Jeez, can I at least change out of my pajamas?" He replied. She shook her head.

"No sir. This is urgent and every second counts." She said. He sighed and grabbed something off the wall. He stepped out and locked the door before slipping the keys into his pocket. He gave her a smile that unsettled her nerves.

"Shall we?"