chapter fourteen | A Twisted Cinderella

>> Golden's p.o.v. <<

I pulled away from the embrace and looked around.

"What the hell was that?" Spring said and followed my confused gaze.

"I don't know. C'mon." I replied and grabbed his hand. We walked for a bit and continued to peer at anything out of the ordinary. Everything seemed fine. We walked towards the field and skimmed the pavement. As we continued farther on I saw something.

"What's that?" I asked and looked closer. Spring walked towards it and moved it out of the grass. As he held it up, I was more than perplexed.

It was Mangle's shoe.

>><<

>> mangle's p.o.v. <<

I felt the hot tears threaten to come out. I just want this to stop. I just want it to be over. Maybe... Maybe I should stop loving Foxy. That seemed to be the only solution. Making Chelsea happy by letting her have Foxy was the only logical thing I could do. But that's not what I wanted. I didn't want to sacrifice my love for him but I didn't want to feel so hated.

I groaned out in frustration and dropped my head into my hands. When I was a kid, I wanted so badly to go to high school, thinking things would get better, but now that I'm here, everything is just worse. This was all too much for me to handle.

"Something wrong my precious?" A low and raspy voice called to me. I quickly looked up but saw no one.

"H-hello? Who's there?" I called out and slowly began to stand. The holder of the voice was nowhere in sight.

They chuckled darkly. "Oh come on dear, don't you remember me?" They drawled out slowly. I looked around for places they could hide. As I did, I saw a small glint in the shadows. I squinted my eyes in hopes of getting a better look.

"Show yourself," I said, newfound confidence in my voice. They laughed again.

"As you wish." They replied.

He walked out of the shadows and the little confidence I had had suddenly fleeted from my body.

"I-It's you!" I exclaimed and took a step back. In front of me stood that man, those soulless eyes and chilling smile were impossible to forget. His purple features gave me the conclusion of his name.

The Purple Guy.

"Oh, you remember. That makes this moment all the more special." He replied, walking closer.

"S-stay back! I'm warning you. Stay there or I'll... I'll-"

"You'll what?" He replied, his menacing smile never leaving his face.

My mind raced as I looked around. There had to be something, anything. My eyes wandered to my feet and I got an idea. It was an incredibly stupid idea, but an incredibly stupid idea was better than no idea. I stumbled back and lifted my leg, pulling my heel off and balancing myself. I held it up as a means of self-defense. His scoffed.

"You really think a shoe is gonna stop me? Ha, and I thought I picked a smart one." He sneered.

"Picked? W-what the hell do you mean?"

He chuckled again.

"Did you really think our encounters were coincidental? Oh, Mangle, I've been watching you. I've been watching you for a long time. Every time you were alone, every time you were with friends, I was there. I was there and I was enjoying myself." He replied and stepped even closer. My insides churned.

"E-enjoying yourself how, exactly?" I replied. He was no longer smiling, but now smirking.

TW: Sexual harassment, stalking, skip if uncomfortable