"Let's go, tamer of the crimson phoenix! Let's go!" Tyson said as he got to his feeling, pulling on Kai's scarf, dragging him towards the direction the twins and Aya had run to, "You'll be late!"

"Late for what?" Kai questioned as he allowed mini-Tyson to drag him. The little boy didn't answer, continuing to walk faster and chatting about 'we can't be late'. Kai looked around and noticed several kids were running in the same direction as they were. This was getting a little creepy.

Tyson let Kai go and ran ahead, giggling. He caught up to two kids – a little girl with brown hair and a little boy with light brown hair that was almost blonde that looked a lot like Riku – and the trio ran, holding hands. Not wanting to lose them, Kai ran after them. He had no idea why they were faster than him, though. It was eerie that they giggled occasionally and hummed a chilling tune.

After a while, Kai finally stopped in a clearing, panting for breath. He looked around and paused upon seeing Rin sprawled out in the ground, a boy with brown hair and brown eyes sprawled out next to him. Rin had his eyes closed while he had his eyes open, his glassy eyes staring into the distance. Kai froze at the sight, his eyes widening in horror. He recognized that boy. . .

No.

It can't be . . .

"Welcome, tamer of the crimson-phoenix." A voice spoke and Kai looked up to see Tyson sitting on top of a tree branch, smirking diabolically at him, as if he was relishing Kai's reaction. No, that wasn't Tyson. This male looked different than his rival. The Tyson-look-alike was dark and sinister, nothing like the happy-go-lucky champion he had come to know.

"Who are you?" Kai questioned, instantly on guard, and the stranger floated down to the ground gracefully. He was standing really close to Rin and him, staring at Kai with crimson-red eyes that seemed lighter in hue than his own but deadlier. Oddly, it reminded him a little of Haru.

"I am the bringer of destruction, leader of the Forsaken Fallen. I am Chaos." He replied as he crouched down, moving Rin's bangs out of his face. He looked up and smirked at Kai, showing sharp fangs that were definitely dangerous and would draw blood, "Welcome to the dimension between reality and dreams, Kai Hiwatari. I've been expecting you."

"Expecting me?" Kai asked as Chaos stood up straight, walking towards the tree. He stared at it for a moment before turning his sharp gaze towards Kai. His eyes looked ancient, as if he had seen everything, but he looked so tired, as if he was tired of seeing everything. Kai had no idea why that popped out in his head. Besides, Chaos was his enemy. He shouldn't sympathize with the enemy. That was something Voltaire had told him.

"Of course. I produced this dream of yours to meet with you. You, the tamer of the traitor Dranzer, the opposite of Yami-Suzaku and my sworn enemy." Chaos responded, his voice cold and harsh. It was similar to Rin's business tone but it seemed odd to hear it, considering Chaos sounded exactly like Tyson.

Kai didn't miss the bitter tone Chaos had used when he practically spat out Dranzer's name as if it was something disgusting. Yet, why had his eyes softened for a brief second when he had said 'Dranzer'? You're imagining things, Hiwatari, he mentally berated himself, now focus. However, focusing made him acknowledge that he was there.

"Stop that then," Kai said, looking down at the bodies sprawled on the ground between them. He tried and failed to ignore the blood coming out from Rin's wrists – "You should've let me die!" – and the vacant gaze in his eyes, "Stop showing me . . . that."

Chaos glanced down at Rin, not caring about the second body, "Many decisions caused him to do that, Kai. He was afraid of being alone. Afraid that he'd fall to the darkness. He was sick of this world. He was tired. He wanted things to end. However, you're the reason that caused him to fall off the edge."