Inviting Her To The Brunch

Chapter Forty-Nine

Brandon POV:

I walked inside the house and found my parents cuddled on the couch while Elena was sitting on the floor with her blanket and watching movie on the 42" plasma.

It has been like a tradition for our family to watch movie on Saturday's.

The lights were out making it difficult to see anything but I made my way and slide down beside Elena and Eric. Elena was munching on popcorn that were sitting on her lap in the large bowl.

I took some popcorn and threw them in my mouth chewing them loudly. I seriously wanted to distract them from movie and need their attention.

Again, I tried to take some popcorn but Elena glared at me swatting my hand away and turning her attention back to movie.

Eric was also watching movie with so much concentration.

I turned discreetly to look at my parents and found them staring at the screen with interest.

The panic inside me was building up. I knew if I didn't open my mouth today and tell them the truth about Madeline and my son then it means I'll never be able to do that.

I stood up and switched on all the lights of the house making them all protest.

"Mom. Dad. I need to talk". I said.

They straightened up on the couch but Elena's and Eric's eyes were still on the movie, so I switched off the TV.

Elena glared at me and huffed. Eric looked at me with bore face.

Mom, Dad stared at me, waiting for me to say something and I stared back at them.

I felt so nervous; my hands felt clammy and my throat was dry.

"Brandon, what is that you need to talk about? You've our complete attention now". My dad said looking at me with worry in his eyes.

My dad tries his best to look cool and pretend that he is not too worried but I know him better than he thinks.

"Dad, Mom I ... I have a girlfriend". I said.

Mom squealed in happiness and stood up from the couch. Eric lips twitched in a teasing smile.

"Oh, Brandon that's great. Who's she? Do I know her? When are you inviting her to meet us?". Mom asked me.

I looked at Elena for some kind of support but she shrugged her shoulders telling me to handle my mess myself. Eric grinned and give me thumbs up then snatched the popcorn from Elena.

Eric made a stupid innocent face. Elena rolled her eyes and let him take the popcorn.

I shook my head and looked at my mom's excited face.

Focus Brandon!

"Mom, you know her. I want to invite her tomorrow on brunch so she could get to meet you all". I said.

"That's good, son". My dad said eyeing me like he knows there is more in the story that I'm letting them.

"But at least tell me her name, Brandon". Mom said placing her hand on my arm.

"Mom, it's... it's Madeline". I said.

Mom gasped and dad smiled relaxing back on the couch. Eric doesn't look surprised, he murmured something in Elena's ear then looked at me and mouthed "WOW".

My mom's voice made me turn back my attention back to Mom.

"You mean Madeline, the girl who used to be your best friend". Mom asked.