Screaming Like A Dying Person

Chapter Twenty-Three

Brandon POV:

I went back home and ran to my room straight. I pulled out my cell phone from the charging and dialed her number.

Pick-up the call, Madeline.

It kept going to voicemail.

Pick-up the call, please!

She wasn't picking my call and my heart was dropping to my knees.

Pick up the call, Dammit!

"Why isn't she picking it up?" I asked myself.

I hope you're alright, Madeline. I hope you're alright wherever you are.

I kept the call on redial. But she didn't pick up, not even once after my thirty missed calls.

In pure anger and frustration, I threw my cell phone on the bed. I was so frustrated, annoyed and disappointed.

I dropped down on my knees on the floor feeling defeated. I felt my chest contracting and blocking the intake of oxygen. My eyes started to get blurry making it impossible for me to see clearly.

The panic that was building inside me started to show on my body. I was paralyzed due to the pain and it was getting difficult to breathe.

My bedroom door was burst open and I glanced up with my blurry vision to see my mom and dad standing there looking alarmed.

I was too vulnerable at that time to care that my parents just recovered from the horrible accident and it would stress them to find me like that.

My mom and dad sat down on their knees and stared at me worriedly.

"Brandon, baby, breathe in and breathe out," My mom said.

My dad whispered, "My son is the strongest boy. He is fine. Don't worry,"

My dad's word warmed heart making me follow my mother's instruction of breathing.

Breathe in breathe out.

After a few minutes, my breathing was normal again. The panic attack that I hadn't experienced from five years caught me off guard.

I closed my eyes tightly then opened them to see my parents looking worried.

"I'm fine, mom and dad. It was just a panic attack and it caught me off guard." I said.

"What is it, Brandon? You haven't got a panic attack in the last five years. You know you can tell us anything, we are your parents." Mom said.

"I guess, I was just upset because of everything that's happening for last two weeks." I lied averting my eyes from their faces and staring at the floor.

"Don't lie to us, Brandon." My dad said in his I'm-not-in-the-mood-to-hear-your-bullshit voice.

"Madeline, she left. She just left, dad. Can you believe it? Without telling me anything or saying goodbye. S-she just left like that," I said.

"What? Why?" My mom asked looking confused.

"I don't know why they abruptly left? I went to her house and there was an unknown man. He told me that they've sold the house to him. I'm unable to understand why?" I said feeling sad.

"Did you tried to contact her?" My mom asked.

"I've called her many times. But she's not picking my calls" I said feeling the emptiness in my heart.