My abs are perfectly fine

CHAPTER -SIX

Brandon's POV:

After dropping Madeline at her house, I went back to school for my football practice. When I reached there, I was informed that today coach extended our two hours of practice for three hours.

My team was preparing for the huge match and the practice was getting tough for the better performance.

Three hours later, I couldn't feel my legs. The practice took all the energy from my body, leaving me beyond tired.

It was six in the evening when the coach stopped torturing us and let us leave with the long lecture on taking care of our diet.

My muscles were aching because of aall the tough workout.

I picked my bag and slung the straps over my shoulder. I walked in the direction of school parking lot where my car was a parked. I got in the car and took a glance at my face in the mirror and cringed.

The sweat was shining on my forehead and my hair was still damp from the water that I dumped on my head to cool off myself.

I drove to my house and looked up to find dark clouds approaching. I parked the car in the garage and got out. Them I made my way to the house and patted my pant pocket to see if my cell phone was there. I took my cell phone out and pressed the doorbell.

Elena opened the door and peeked outside dressed in her fairy dress, giving me a goofy smile.

"Hi, baby sis. Where are you going? What are you wearing?" I said pinching her cheeks.

I knew twins were fourteen and they were getting older. But for me, they were still my little siblings and I plan to treat them like little kids more. It was actually always fun to annoy Elena and Eric.

"This is my costume for tonight's show. My drama teacher forced me to become a fairy in the play. She says I look like one. But I wanted to be an Angry Pirate". She said.

"You look cute," I said.

I moved to hug her and she shrieked taking few steps back making me frown.

"What?" I asked her in bewilderment.

"You're sweaty Brandy! Look at yourself.  You're all dirty and sweaty". She replied pointing her finger at me which made me glance at my dirty shirt.

"And look at me I am all dolled up for my performance tonight," She said twirling on her toes like a ballerina dancer.

"Okay! Okay! But you don't have to be so rude" I said with the non-serious glare.

"I was not rude, Brandy. Just stating a fact" She said and started walking towards the lounge.

"How many times have I told you not to call me with this stupid name?" I said with irritation.

"I think million times" She replied with the straight face.

I rolled my eyes at her response and called mom.

"Mom! Mom! Where are you?"

A few minutes later, I heard the clicking of my mom's stilettos and she appeared in the lounge dressed in elegant grey color knee length dress. Her brown hair with few blonde streaks was really looking good on her, making her appear younger.

Sometimes, I wonder how my mom manages to look so young. It felt like she hadn't aged in past years.

"Mom, you're looking beautiful". I said forgetting the fight on the stupid nickname Elena called me and pissed me off.

The smile appeared on her red stained lips at my compliment and adoration shown in her eyes when she looked at me.

"Really? Do you think this will stop Mrs. River from flirting with your dad?" She asked me hopefully.