And You Were After Him

Chapter-Seven

Madeline's POV:

I turned my head to look at Brandon and found him asleep. His head was resting on my shoulder.

I forgot that the movie was still playing and stared at his sleeping form. His lips were parted and his eyes were tightly shut.

I tilted my head little to stare at his handsome face when I heard the light snores coming from his mouth. I giggled at the sound.

I knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to touch him without letting him know what I feel for him. I leaned closer and placed my lips on his forehead. He squirmed in his sleep and at the sudden movement, his head fell on my chest. But he didn't wake up.

My head was beating so loudly that whole Boston could have heard it except this stupid boy who was sleeping like a dead.

My hands were shaking when I picked his head and placed it down on my lap.

He adjusted his head and continued sleeping. I didn't dare to move and risk waking him up.

He looked so handsome while sleeping. His beautiful hair was messy but looked so soft. I couldn't help myself from running my hand through them.

My eyes moved to his thick eyebrows and his long lashes which would make any girl jealous. His lips looked so tempting that I wanted nothing more than feeling them on mine.

I knew it was wrong to think like that but for a few seconds, I let myself assume that he was mine instead of Laura's.

But the guilt made its presence known. I realized that I should stop letting my emotions control me.

I picked his head and got up then placed the cushion under his head. I didn't know why I couldn't stop myself from kissing his head one last time.

I loved him for so long that now I had no idea how to stop these feelings. They were getting wild and making my life complicated.

I don't have much time left to spend with him because who knows where he would go to college and where my life would lead me. I said to myself.

I took the step away from the couch to get a comforter for him when the front door opened. Brandon parents entered the house. His dad looked at me with surprise. Elena looked sleepy but she waved at me making her way to her room.

I felt intimidated by Brandon's dad. He had this brooding look on his face that made me nervous. I gave him a nervous smile.

"Hi," I said looking down.

"Hi" He replied in a short sentence as always.

"Oh, hello, dear." Mrs. Edwards said walking closer to me and giving me a hug.

She hugged me and I hugged her tightly. She was like a mother to me. She taught me so much and helped me like my real mother would have done for me if she was alive. I loved her and respect her for making my life thousands of time easier.

"Hey" I murmured and untangled myself from her arms.

"Is everything alright honey?" She asked me looking concerned.

"Everything is good. I was just missing you so I came here" I said.

I knew I was hiding the truth. But I didn't want her to get worried.

"I'm glad you did. I will make your favorite chocolate pancakes for breakfast in the morning" She said.

She loved cooking and baking, and I loved eating it.