07 | The British Type

Start from the beginning

"No, I did, I just chose to ignore it."

Natalie rolled her eyes. "Anyway, point being, I just found her a little strange. And I wasn't the only one."

Sam shrugged. "I'm sure you guys will warm up to her. Give it some time."

"I guess you're right." Natalie said, propping her feet against the back of her uncle's seat. "Any word from Cas?"

"Nope. Nothing. I'm starting to get worried about him." Dean admitted.

"Maybe he's just busy. You know, angel business and what not." Natalie shrugged, folding her arms over her chest.

"Yeah. Maybe. But that's never stopped him from getting his feathered ass down here before."

"Please don't tell me that's how you called for him? I know he's an angel, but he still has sensitive feelings and you know it."

Dean rolled his eyes. "God, you sound like such a girl."

"I am a girl. What's your excuse, Dad?"

Sam burst into laughter and Dean glared at his daughter through the rearview mirror.

"Why do I even talk to you?"

"Because you love me." Natalie shrugged.

"Sure. Let's go with that."

"This is why I talk to Uncle Sam more. He's not mean to me." Natalie said, sticking her tongue out at her father.

Sam looked over at his big brother, smirking. "Yeah, Dean. You're so mean."

"Heh, heh, shut up." Dean grumbled as he pulled the impala into the parking lot of Bo's Diner.

"Oh, come on, Pop." Natalie said as the three Winchesters exited the car, lacing her arm through her father's. "We're just messing with you."

"Mhm, sure." Dean said, wrapping an arm around his daughter's shoulders and kissing her temple as they walked into the diner.

"I don't know about you, but I've been craving a bacon cheeseburger all day." Natalie said, leaning against her father as they made their way to a booth.

"You and me both, little girl." Dean said, taking a seat beside his daughter after she slid into the booth.

"Not so little anymore." Sam said, raising his eyebrows at the girl.

"God, don't say that." Dean said, playfully pulling his daughter into his chest. "She's still my little bug."

"Dad!" Natalie laughed, trying to escape her father's grasp. "Cut it out! I can't breathe!"

"Uh, guys?"

The two looked up when Sam's voice cut in, looking up at him as he nodded up at the waiter who had arrived at their table.

Natalie's eyes went wide. "Oliver?"

The British boy smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. "I thought you looked familiar." he chuckled.

Natalie yanked herself from her father's grasp and ran a hand through her hair to fix it, chuckling bashfully. "I had no idea you worked here."

"Yeah. Everyday after school from 3:00-8:00. It's not much, but it's something." Oliver shrugged.

"Well, this place just happens to be my favorite place to get a good burger, so looks like you'll be seeing more of me." Natalie smiled.

"I look forward to it." Oliver smiled gently, looking over at the two men at the table.

"Oh! Sorry. Oliver, this is my dad."

"Dean Winchester. Nice to meet you." Dean nodded at the younger boy.

"And my Uncle Sam."

"Hey," Sam greeted with a smile. "Nice to meet you."

"Oliver Moon. It's a pleasure." Oliver smiled politely.

"How do you two know each other?" Dean asked, raising his eyebrows.

Natalie gave her father a I already told you that, what the hell are you doing? sort of glare.

"We met at school. I just moved here from London." Oliver nodded. "Natalie was kind enough to show me my way around."

"She's great like that, isn't she?" Dean said, raising his eyebrows.

Natalie sighed. "Dad."

"Yes, sir." Oliver said, smiling gently over at Natalie. "Actually, is that your impala outside? The 67 chevy?"

Dean's eyebrows raised and he couldn't help the way the corners of his mouth quirked up. "Yeah. She's mine."

Oliver grinned. "That is quite the ride you have there. She's a true classic. She seems to be in great shape, too."

Dean grinned. "Well, thank you. I just polished her up last week. Can't let a thing like that go."

"No, sir." Oliver said, shaking his head. "So, can I start you all off with something to drink?"

"Sure. I'll have a Dr. Pibb." Dean said with a nod.

"Water for me, thanks." Sam said as he glanced up from his menu.

"Same here." Natalie smiled gently.

"You got it. I'll be right back." Oliver said before turning on his heel back to the kitchen.

Dean grinned. "I like that kid."

Natalie rolled her eyes. "Never thought I'd hear that coming from you."

"Hey, the kid likes you and he appreciates cars, that's good enough for me."

"Oh my God, he does not like me."

Sam snorted. "Oh, give me a break. We saw the way you two were looking at each other. For God's sake, you pretty much had to pick your jaw up off the floor when you saw him."

Natalie dropped her head into her arms. "I hate you both."

Dean smirked. "Yeah, we know."

"