.1.

Hi, I'm Mauve_rain this is my first time writing a story so I hope it's not too terrible and I hope you enjoy !!

I'm going to try to update every Sunday if my school work permits. I welcome criticism I like to correct mistakes and improve my writing skills. So yea hopes you like it.

Comment *

Vote*

Share*

Elyse POV

Hot. Hot. Hot.

I wake up to the scene of a smoke-filled room and red-hot blazing fires. My eyes watering so much it most likely looks like I'm at a funeral. My mind is running a mile minute. How did this happen? Where is everyone? I'm trying to calm myself down but the thought of dying in this house has my heart beating rapidly. I could say that I never in my life imagined this would be happening to me but then I'd be lying. My life is already shit with whip cream on top I'm guessing the big man upstairs decided to add the sprinkles.

I try to catch my breath which was stupid because that breath that I took most definitely leads me one step closer to my death. God, I wished I paid more attention to the safety classes required in school instead of disregarding everything the teacher said. I threw the covers off of my body and jumped from the bed trying to figure out a way to escape the burning building, questioning myself on the loyalty of my parents because God knows they're not the best caregivers, hell they probably started all of this. I wouldn't put it past them they don't even like me. Ever since I came of that roaches vagina. I mean that would probably the absence of the high pitch sirens of an ambulance that I should have been heard by now. And like every other situation I have no other choice than to save myself.

Wait a minute.

Aurora.

Outside the door and into the hallway I find huge clouds of black smoke as they cloud my vision but even then I'm still determined to find her. Focused I call out her name, "Aurora, Aurora, Aurora." dragging out the last call I listen closely then I hear her call my name "Ellie." I follow that sound all the way to her playroom where I found her in her closet. No fire just lots and lots of smoke. Very toxic for a 3-year-old. I  swing her over my hip then start looking for a way out. Down the staircase, I see the back door open which was great and all but the path to the back door is lit in flames nevertheless it was seemingly the only way out. So with Aurora being the only thing on my mind, I rush down the stairs and as soon as I hit the floor I feel the stinging pain of the fire as the flames lick at my feet. I keep going until we reach the outside.

The backyard was small with a dead tree in the far left corner and dead grass to match. If the house starts tumbling down the grass would catch and then we'd be getting hell on earth. Not like we don't already have it but still. I run to the front of the house and find ambulances and policemen just now arriving, finally. I walk slowly to them, feeling my body drain out of energy with every step I take. A police officer notices me and Aurora one rushes over to grab her and that's the last thing I see before I black out completely.

~*~*~*~*~

I wake up in the hospital with an oxygen mask on my face and sister free arms. I sit up with haste and snatch the oxygen mask off, that's when I realize I have an IV in my arm and heart monitors attached to my chest. The beeping on the screen quickens most likely because I have no idea where my sister is or why I'm even here in the first place. I'm about to snatch the IV out of my arm when a nurse waltz in. I freeze and then I ask " Where is my sister?" the nurse ignores my question and tells me not to worry, that she is safe and waiting to see me. " Before you meet with her again the police are here to ask you a few questions."

The police were let in and the nurse closed the door behind them.

At that point, the memories of the house fire started to flood back into my mind.

"Hi, I'm officer Reagan and that's Carisi. We talked to your sister earlier and she told us your name was Elyse is that right."

"Yes, that's correct."

"Well, we're here to talk to you about-"

" The fire, I know- "

" No actually about your living situations. See the fire started because of vegetable oil boiling over a pot on the stove. So we started to investigate and we also noticed your parents were nowhere in sight and so we looked through the ashes in your house but, found no evidence of anybody being in the house who didn't get out."

I was stunned. I couldn't believe what he was saying. They left. They just left us to die. I knew they hated me but I can't believe they tried to hurt Aurora. The sweetest most innocent little girl in the world and they tried to kill her. Sons of bitches.

"Ma'am, ma'am?"

"Huh?"

"We asked if you knew of any place they could've gone."

I shook my head "No, not at all"

The officers looked at each other for a minute, maybe in disbelief, then wrote something down on each of their notepads. They stood up, thanked me for my time, and left me to ponder my own thoughts.