Chapter 1

The summary of this story continues in the trailer I made on youtube. I stopped the summary halfway through because I thought that that'll be a good spot to end or it'll be too long. So the video with the FULL summary is posted above.

Or you can just go search for the title: TAEJIN-Not Meant To Be: Silence (Fanfic Trailer/AU). I'll try to do the best that I can with this story. Hopefully, it won't have too many chapters because I've learned that I don't really like to write many chapters or I'll get lost in my own story.

Enjoy your stay!

Author: The first chapter isn't the best I'd admit but I'm only starting the fire...

____________________________

"Hyung!"

Taehyung heard a familiar voice around him. He finally spotted Jungkook waving at him to come over near the apple shack that is owned by an old lady. The younger boy watched Taehyung as he squeezed between people to reach him.

"Is Jimin here yet?" asked Taehyung once he got to Jungkook. He shook his head; Jimin is probably running late again. So they both stayed where they were, waiting for their friend to arrive.

Looking around the area, Taehyung sighed in annoyance at the sight of too many people. Their village is one of the largest both in land and population. He was born here and throughout his 18 years of existence, he had always wanted to find a nice and quiet place to relax. But with this many people around, it was quite difficult.

"Taehyung, look," Jungkook nudged him with an interested look on his face. The place grew much more quiet. Wondering what he could be looking at, Taehyung turned his head back a little to see many people staring at the same thing. Correction: they were staring at the same person.

Kim Seokjin.

The other villagers were whispering and murmuring to each other in hushed voices. Some moved out of the way, avoiding any physical contact with the man. Taehyung was still looking at Seokjin browse through the different kinds of food when Jimin finally found his way to them.

"I'm sorry for being late!" he coughs for air since he had been rushing and running. Taehyung laughs at Jimin's state and made a few teasing comments until Jungkook pointed Seokjin out again.

"Be quiet! He's coming closer," he then whistles and turns away to make himself look normal. Seokjin stopped by the apple shack and inspects the fresh apples with a basket in his hand. The old lady running the shack tells him the price of the apples after Seokjin selected a bunch. He smiled and reached into his basket, taking out money and handing it over.

The quiet man takes his apples and left without a single word. Everyone kept their voices low in volume until Seokjin was out of sight. The place was filled with noise again and Taehyung was disturbed by Jimin.

"Taehyung, do you like Seokjin?"

"Why would I like him? He can't talk, he has no family," he thinks quickly before adding, "He's dumb..." Taehyung wasn't completely lying.

"Hey, he's not that bad..." Jimin said softly.

Everyone in the village knew that Kim Seokjin was mute. He was the only person in this crowded place with the disability to speak. That alone already made him different and out of place enough, making others avoid him. The second thing that he doesn't have is a family. No one knows what happened to Seokjin's parents or relatives and to be honest, nobody cares.

He has a few friends here and there, but none of them were close enough to Seokjin. It was almost like they were only acquainted with him and nothing else.