26》Dissapear

A/n: I decided to try something new and make a Wattpad book with some of my short stories (it has two now but probably won't be updated in a while). It would mean a lot if you let me know what you think of it! Also, I'm proud of the poem I wrote for thus chapter.

-Connor POV-

Connor watched as Evan frowned, "I'll find him. He couldn't just dissapear."

Connor and Evan started walking around backstage, looking under makeup tables and props. They ducked into some of the dressing rooms but Jared was not there.

They had to resort to asking around. "Have you seen Jared?" "Short, brown hair, glasses?"

Most people just didn't care. They were too busy focusing on their appearances, rehearsing, or throwing up from nerves. Connor had sidestepped at least three puddles of vomit. He did not know if it was the same kid or separate kids, and he did not want to know.

Connor placed a soothing hand on his boyfriend's shoulder, "What if he left?" Connor honestly didn't care that much but he knew Jared and Evan were close.

"What if he's hurt or k-kidnapped and everyone will blame me because they know we're friends, well f-family friends. And they'll think I'm like a murderer and I'll never m-make friends," Evan fretted.

"Hey," Connor pressed a kiss to his forehead. "He might just be making out with someone."

Connor chuckled as Evan pulled away with scandalized look on his face. He was too innocent. "W-what?" Evan stammered.

"Did you see the way he looked at that one guy? He was basically screaming for that guy's-"

"That's enough, Connor," Evan blushed furiously.

"I swear I was going to say number," Connor crossed his heart. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Hansen."

"Let's not talk about this in public. Right now I need to find Jared," Evan said, desperation in his eyes.

Connor decided to stop with the teasing and jokes and actually help. "To catch a Kleinman, one must think like a Kleinman," Connor reasoned.

"Well, Jared likes clichés," Evan said.

Connor mentally sifted through his knowledge of clichés. "If I were Jared, I would be in the supply closet, either eating someone's face or crying."

Evan's eyes widened, "That's it!"

Connor was dragged by the hand at an alarming speed toward the closet.

-Evan POV-

The first thing Evan and Connor heard was sniffling. Jared was crying.

"Called it," announced Connor.

"Maybe I should go in alone," Evan whispered to Connor. "You two don't have the best history."

Connor sighed and picked at his chipped nail polish, "Whatever."

Evan knocked on the door gently, only to find that it was unlocked. He pushed it open wider, catching a glimpse of Jared. His glasses were speckled with dried tears. His nose was red and his hair was sticking up all over the place. He sat in the corner and softly cried.

Evan crouched down next to him, "Hey, Jared."

Jared looked up startled. Evan hadn't seen him cry like this or even shed a tear ever since third grade when Jared fell off his bike and scraped his knee. (A/n: one shot idea????)

"You're going on soon," Evan whispered.

Jared shook his head, "I can't."

"If I can do it, you can do it," Evan smiled encouragingly.