Nightwing x Reader

Start from the beginning

Barbara  looked offended. "I didn't know being a vegetarian makes you crazy."

"I'll tell you why she's crazy! She's a vegetarian because she can't stand animals!"

Tim nearly choked over his mountain of pancakes. "Yeah, that's crazy" he said after he calmed down from his coughing fit.

"Animals make her sick and she can't stand thinking about eating them. She won't eat dairy products as well, because it comes from the cow and that-" Dick  paused to take a bite of bacon.

"-Makes her sick." Tim finished the sentence for him.

"Oh, I forgot to say she eats cheesecakes, 'cause she likes it."

"Oh," was all Barbara could utter. And then the whole table erupted with laughter. After a few moments Barbara joined them; it was hard not to.

For a while Dick kept telling them funny stories about his dates and Tim couldn't stop laughing - some of the girls were so crazy. Nearly hyperventilating, he choked "Well, at least you had a laugh." And then he was off again.

"So, what did you write to her?" asked Jason from the other side of the room.

Dick swallowed his own bite and shrugged. "It really doesn't matter, just a bit of small talk. I hate it, but that's part of the rules of dating. She'll answer me in two days anyway because she can't look too easy."

Damian looked up from his own plate of sausage an eggs and turned toward him. "Rules for dating? You're kidding." He looked at Barbara. After all, Barbara did know everything.

"Sure there is." Barbara dismissed it with a wave of her hand. "You chat by text for a bit, it could take a week because you have to look like you're busy and have a life so you don't answer right away. Then you meet for coffee and if it's going well the guy will contact the girl two days later to set another date."

Bruce had to smile, Barbara sounded just like when she was Batgirl.

Two hours later most of the family were out of the kitchen and Bruce too was about to leave when he heard the notifications go off on Dick's phone.

To offer his son some privacy, he busied himself with his newspaper. When he turned back and looked at him, he wore the most peculiar expression.

"That was quick. Did she turn you down?" He asked with a frown.

Dick remained quiet; he just smirked and handed over his phone. Bruce took the phone from his hand and found Dick's first message.

Hello Y/N,

I've heard wonderful things about you from Bruce.

Below it was (Y/N)'s reply:

It's all lies.

Bruce lifted his eyes from the phone. "Hey, she took your line."

I know nothing about you, only that you have dark hair and blue eyes. I'm not much into texting with small talk. Want to meet for Coffee and talk?

Bruce smiled. "One thing's for sure, she's never read Barbara's book about the laws of dating."

Dick snorted into his cup of tea and soon both of them were laughing uncontrollably again. That's how Tim found them and it took him five minutes to calm Bruce down.

The family had once again gathered for dinner which was a rare occasion seeing as they each had their own homes to go to.

Jason liked the fact that everyone was happy. To his right Stephanie and Damian were talking about the supercomputer and what updates they could get. Jason was about to join them so he could explain how the Supercomputer really needed to be replaced when Dick walked in.