[34] Bathtub Adventures

Start from the beginning

  I saw Harry and Liam both stand up from where they were and walk off to the kitchen, where Sam and Aimee were. Biting my lip, I waited for any sort of response from either of them. It didn't take long, because in the next few moments I heard Sam's answer loud and clear.

  "Absolutely not!" Sam protested. I knew that if Sam said no, there was no way.

  A few seconds later, Liam, Sam, and Harry, who was carrying Aimee, burst through the door. Both Harry and Liam were trying to reason with him, but Sam wouldn't have it.

  "Look, guys, I appreciate that you want to help, but we can't let the public know all of this yet. Maybe once they've caught Jake and Kate, but for now we have to wait and see what happens." He grunted. "Now, I told you all earlier we'd have a team of bodyguards arriving soon, and they're supposed to be coming within a half an hour."

  "I thought they were coming tomorrow." Louis said.

  "Change of plans. Marcus and Oliver will be arriving tonight, and then two more will arrive tomorrow. Marcus and Oliver will be staying with us at all times, the other two are more of my assistants. I assume you'll all be on your best behavior." Sam eyed Louis.

  "Have we met them before?" Niall asked. Aimee ran up to him and he snatched her in his arms, cradling her gently.

  "Oliver has done security at Madison Square Garden and has been in the business for a while, so possibly, but Marcus is young and just starting out, so you probably haven't met him." Sam explained.

  "Momma, I peed!" Aimee whispered rather loudly to me. I sighed, a bit annoyed that she still wasn't fully potty trained, but nodded and checked her diaper quick. Sure enough, she wasn't lying.

  "I'll be back." I said. "She needs a bath, anyways, so we'll only be fifteen minutes or so." Aimee reached up for my arms and I took her, taking her through our bedroom and into the bath.

  "No!" Aimee screamed, kicking me right in the crotch. I sucked in and tried my hardest not to blow up at her as I started to run her bath water.

  "This wouldn't happen if we used the potty like big girls do." I reminded her.

  "But I didn't wanna get up." Aimme crossed her arms over each other. "I was watching Netflix!" The only sad part about that sentence was that, if I wore diapers, I'd probably have done the same thing.

  "Next time let me know when you have to potty." I scolded. "Do you want bubbles?"

  "Yes please!" Aimee said, suddenly excited about getting a bath. She didn't hesitate to strip off her clothes, diaper included, and then jump up and down as she watched the water fill. Sometimes I wondered who she got all of this energy from, to be honest.

  As her water ran, I contemplated telling Aimee about what was happening. But, then again, I didn't want to worry her. She was only three and she had so much to deal with as it is.

  "You ready?" I asked. She squealed and I lifted her up and into the tub, where all but her head and her chest were covered in foamy bubbles. She laughed and grabbed a handful, plopping it on her head as if it were hair. I giggled and shook my head at her.

  "Momma," Aimee said, frowning up at me. "Why did my old daddy hurt me and my new daddy not?" Her words saddened me, because even now she didn't understand that what Jake did was wrong. It made me want to kill him, and I probably would if given the chance.

  "Well," I began, sitting beside the bathtub. "Sometimes, bad people do bad things. And your old daddy was a bad person. But your new daddy, Niall, he's going to take care of us and he'll never hurt us. You know why?"