thirteen.

fionn
ok i'll see ya at St. Marc's Café at 4

I got out of the cab, stepping onto the stone sidewalk, the sunlight glaring my eyes.

Aware of my heart thumping, I squinted up at the brown sign of the café across the street:

St. Marc's Café

I scowled. This café was apparently the same one Fionn was spotted with Claudia after the premiere, according to some users who had apparently seen it too. I wasn't too pleased about being here, because I did not ship whitemoss at all. And many, many, people thought otherwise.

Positive thoughts, Han, I thought to myself, You're about to meet an internet friend? Text friend? It's kind of hot. I shouldn't have worn a long sleeved top, ugh. What the hell- does my right eye have more eyeshadow than my left? Damn it. This hairstyle isn't working for me at all- STOP OVERTHINKING!

I took a deep breath, attempting to calm myself, but my fingers twitched at my sides, as they did when I was nervous. I clenched my hands and released, then finally picked up my phone.

you
im here!
just outside.
hbu?

I hope he's cute. Well, if he isn't, that's okay. I'm not cute! Ooh, I don't know what to talk about! I should've persuaded Bie to come with me. I do wonder what's wrong with her, though.

My phone rang. Heart hammering, I pressed Accept and held it to my ear.

"Hanna?"

The voice was smooth, buttery, and definitely male. It was soothing to listen to, but at the same time, I felt like I knew the voice. It sounded familiar, and part of me felt like I was supposed to be insanely happy hearing this voice.

"Fionn?"I mumbled quietly, staring at the street.

Someone breathed in deeply at the other end.

"Yep, that's me,"the boy replied. "Is that you across the street?"

I glanced back up at the café windows, but the glare of the sunlight bouncing off the glass made it hard to make out any figures.

"Yeah, I'll just cross the street."I said, beginning to walk.

"Meet you outside!"he chirped, and me, stupid, stupid, me, made the mistake of becoming distracted at that moment.

That's my ADHD at work- I can't ever fully concentrate on one thing. One moment I was hearing Fionn's voice, the next, a biker nearly ran me over so I walked faster.

Nearing the other sidewalk, someone stepped out. Waiting my vision to focus while walking, a loud honk snapped me back to reality.

Glancing to my left, a huge truck was nearing me, I could literally feel the cold metal of the front bumper on my leg before someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the way.

Gasping for breath, I tightened my grip on my phone as I held on to the stranger with my other hand.

The boy - it was definitely a boy - smelled of cinnamon and coffee. He hugged my back with one hand, a phone digging into my back, the other holding on to my wrist.

I looked up, because he was taller than me, and sucked in a breath.

Brown eyes, slightly curly brown hair, that jawline I was going crazy over -

Fionn Whitehead had saved my life.

And the cherry on top of this mess?

His phone was open, on a call. He removed the hand holding the phone and pressed it to his ear.

"Hello, Hanna."

His voice echoed from the speaker of my phone.