seven.

THE sun must've decided today was a good day to bust out party mode, because it was really, really, hot when I stepped outside the small apartment I shared with my friend, Abbie, which was around the Upper East Side.

"How long again is this....event?"a voice asked behind me.

I turned around and rolled my eyes at the owner of the voice. "Of course it will be long, we're watching the movie and meeting the cast. And we're grabbing dinner after, right?"

Abbie sighed. I still wasn't used to looking at her with her now-short brown hair. She had cut off most of her hair around January, which had been almost six months ago.

We'd known each other since we were five, our kindergarten teacher making us field trip partners. Her hair back then was long and wavy, and she'd only get it trimmed every six months.

But something, I'm not entirely sure what, had happened over the holidays. Whatever it was, it was the cause of her cutting her hair into the shoulder-length mess it was now.

We hailed a taxi, and thankfully, we got there in half an hour. There were many fans, most of them girls, already lined up behind the boundary of the rope, which separated the red carpet from the public.

Suddenly, girls were screaming somewhere to the far left of the line, farthest away from the door. I paled and tugged on Abbie to get her moving.

"What now?"she huffed, following me as I half-dragged her through fangirls.

"Now," I said, "We get selfies and autographs."

Pushing through the crowd of people was hard enough, especially when these people were sixteen year olds to late twenties girls, who'd also like the same thing I was here for.

But finally, we made it to the front. And just in time.

Harry Styles was first, which was odd, considering he was being pulled for pictures and autographs so often he walked incredibly slow. He finished a selfie with a smiling girl with curly blonde hair and a One Direction shirt, and walked up to me.

"Hi."he greeted, smiling warmly down at me. He was a good inch taller than me, but I still squealed.

Behind me, I could hear Abbie laugh at me, but I didn't mind. I got Harry to sign a poster of the Dunkirk movie for me, and got a selfie with him. He smiled and nodded once more at me before moving on to the next lucky girl.

Once I moved my eyes away from him, I locked eyes with another actor, the one I was really excited for in this whole thing.

Fionn Whitehead with the excellent jawline.

FOOLS | fionn whitehead On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara