eight.

"HI, lovely to meet you,"I recited my standard conversation-starter. "What's your name, love?"

The girl in front of me actually stands out from all the other girls I've met so far. Her very red-orange hair is falling long and wavy past her shoulders, and her bright green eyes are have a subtle crinkle in them. She's smiling widely, and every so often her hands jerk in a motion. Probably ADHD.

"Hanna. Hanna Marc."she said, and I must've visibly stiffened, because her smile fades and she looks concerned.

I order myself to relax, but my hands subconsciously reach for my phone. I stop it before I can get it, though, and ask her a question.

"Hanna with a h at the end, or none?"I asked as inconspicuous as possible, trying to calm my racing heart.

Her eyebrows furrow in confusion for a second, but she gives a small smile, and she says, "No h. H-A-N-N-A."she spells out.

Before I can lose my nerve, I take her pen and add a small message to her poster before signing. She doesn't seem to notice, and she holds up her phone and takes a quick selfie with me, and her smile becomes wide again.

"Thank you so much, Fionn."she said, and I nod mutely at her.

I give her one last, long, look, her green eyes meeting my brown ones, and she turns her attention to a girl behind her with choppy, short brown hair.

In the back of mind, I know I'm taking a risk. She could be my Hanna, but she might be a very mad Hanna after she reads what I've written on her poster, just above my signature.

nice pony onesie, Hanna.
x Fionn

-

in comparison, this chapter is shorter than hanna's but I hope you liked it! i'm thankful that classes were canceled today and yesterday so i had time to write out these two chapters (i rewrote them many times ugh) thank u so much for the support this book is getting, ily all!  😄