Second Promise

EVOLA POV

I opened my eyes again and I could see Mount Olympus, at the height of its gory that will last till the ends of time; I watched the Muses and the Nymphs danced in the gardens fill of delicious, ripe fruits ready for the picking; walking through the hallways made out of precious jewels and metals etched in beautiful designs and swirls that seem never ending and perfect, no man could ever build something this beautiful; I floated pass a stable filled portals that led to different places where the magical creatures lived.  The Pegasus, Griffins, Unicorns, a herd of Golden Deer and many more were grazing away, some even asleep. Then I imagined myself walking in to see the amazing creatures up close, I stood in front of the cabins which led to the fields held the unicorns and the Pegasus, they were magnificent and majestic. As I took two steps forward and I noticed a unicorn head perked up and began trotting towards me. I frowned as I saw the unicorn walking towards me but nevertheless I took another step forward towards the unicorn’s portal and stood there. I watched the unicorn approached towards me and stopped right in front of me; he reached his head out through the portal, I giggled a bit and patted him. He neighed and step out of his world and to Olympus and mine as I took steps backwards.

“così bello?” I smiled, he bent down so that I could hugged him, he neighed again wistfully as I gave him another hug; he was so adorable and certainly taller than me by at least three feet but he was kind enough to bend down to my height. “I wonder what your name is...” I sighed as I patted him, now I was leaning beside him while he sat behind me giving me support; I felt like I was surrounded by pillows that seemed endless with a musky earth tinge to it. I heard a little voice whisper in my head saying ‘Fernaco’ over and over again; I took this as a hint that that was his name. I became so absorbed by the magic of this dream that I didn’t hear footsteps getting closer and closer.

A woman stood in the doorway of the entrance and stared at me with surprise and awe. She had a pale complexion which made her seemed like an icy, cold fey (personality wise as well), but her silvery cream colored eyes seem to reflect something different, she gave off a warm aura but there was hints of shock and confusion within her emotions. I tilted my head studying her when clearly I don’t know who it was but somehow deep inside of me, I felt like I knew her.

“Who are you?” she boomed as she stood in there, I frowned as I stared at her as she was eyeing me down with coldness, the gentleness she once had surrounding her disappeared almost instantly as it was replaced with fierce tension.

“Who is she talking to, Fernaco? Me or you?” I leaned back to Fernaco who was just nibbling my hair but not actually taking a bit of it. He looked at me with confused eyes until he laid eyes on her; his lips began to draw back to and he gave a low and almost inaudible growl… was it even possible for a horse to growl?

“I asked who are you, Mortal?” she shouted yet again but then her eyes squinted at me then there was a spark or recognition, she gasped and covered her mouth, taking a step backwards “It can’t be…” she uttered under her breath.

Confused I looked to Fernaco and whispered, “What is she talking about?” his eyes soften as he gazed at me but instantly changed when his eyes averted back to her. I shakily stood up, wiping the sweat on my hands on my trousers and looked straight into her eyes. Masking my rising fear I asked as calmly as possible, “My name is Evola, who are you?”

“This can’t be possible,” she carried on muttering and ignored my question “You shouldn’t be here! You can't be!” her voice rose and it seemed like she was yelling at me. I winced at her voice, scared to even move at this point. But something made me.

Taking three steps forward and half a step back, l I was standing in front of her I once again repeated myself, “I’m Evola. Her silvery eyes frighten me but it was as if she was staring straight pass me. Then it hit me. I noticed a bow and arrow behind her and then I remembered something Mum said: ‘Artemis, Goddess of the Moon and Huntress, she is one of the goddess that will be watching over you, Evola.’ I glanced back at her looking from head to toe. ‘She has an aura that gives you a feeling pride and independence, that’s what Artemis stands for. Independence of Women without the aid of men.’ I gasped as I covered my own mouth and murmur, “You’re one of my ancestors… Artemis, am I right?”

She came to a standstill with her voice and turned to finally look at me. She seemed frighten by the fact that I’m here; I was about to utter another word when she burst out, “What are you doing here? No Exile should ever set food in Mount Olympus! Especially you, The Fallen One… in moral form” she snared the last words with hatred and disgust, I was so alarmed that I almost fell down if it wasn’t for Fernaco who stood behind me. Fallen One? I thought to myself, what does she mean? Who is she talking about? I wanted to ask but something made my voice choke in my throat, I was too scared, more scared than when I was of the Minotaur, the Furies or even the Kraken. She scared me beyond the depths of the Underworld.

“Is this trickery I see?” she questioned, there was a hint of subtlety in her voice again but that didn’t stop the roll of hate coming out of her tongue “You don’t remember who you are, do you?” she laughed like a manic as she held her tummy, “This is ridiculous! No… this is perfect.”

In an instant she already drew her bow and readied her arrow and it was aimed directly right at me. I stared in distraught as the instant chaos that was happening too fast for my mind to neither react nor move my body; Fernaco pulled me on his back and ran out of there with Artemis’s arrow following ever so close. He galloped through the corridors I entered passing rooms that I didn’t notice before, he dashed passed the nymphs and muses as the arrow followed us. I held on tight on his mane as gently as I could careful not to pull out any of his hair but I was too scared to even think straight, “Fernaco what am I going to do?” I cried to him as tears dripped from my eyes. This was my imagination but yet, why does it seem so real?

‘Its going to be Okay, Evola,’ he neighed to me as he ran, he turned his head left and right scanning behind them making sure that Artemis’s arrow was lost ‘There’s nothing to be afraid of now, Evola’ he whispered again but I was too shock to reply, I sat on his back trembling and crying when I heard footsteps again I froze, my tears stopped and I shivered even harder than before; too scared to look up I sensed Fernaco go tense underneath me and started to stomp his hooves angrily and protectively. I started to sob harder and I felt darkness covered me, cutting me off from my sense.