~Chapter 10~

Days had passed, and Toffee and I found ourselves hiding away in a treetop for the past half hour. This previous morning, the queen had rode into the monster kingdom of Septarsis with her division looking for Toffee and some of the other monsters from Septarsis that may be here. She was carrying through with her plan to scatter and destroy the remaining soldiers. Soon we found ourselves fleeing and here we are, hiding away. It had only been a few days of training with Toffee before this. Even though I had picked up a lot of helpful information, the queen had taken a large division with her. On top of that, her spell was pretty strong. Between me and Toffee, we couldn't take her down plus all these soldiers. So the only option was to continue to hide. And hide is what we did, for half an hour, 2 hours, 5 hours. By now, the queen finally left and my legs were dead on the inside. Toffee had to help me out of the tree. I ended up falling onto my back. Toffee quickly helped me up and cleaned me up. "Are you alright? I told you to jump into my arms." Toffee seemed to scold me like a parent would scold their child. These past days, he's been treating me like a child more and more. He's always asking if I'm alright as if I can't care for myself. It's beginning to get a little annoying. I glared at him and pushed his hands away. "I'm fine. If I had coins for every time you asked me if I was okay in these past few days, I'd be royalty myself!" I fussed at him with an annoyed tone. Toffee returned an annoyed glare at me. He opened his mouth like he would reply to me but we were both distracted by the rustling of the bushes. We both got into fighting stances at first, but Toffee got in front of me in a protective stance in a few seconds. The bushes continued to rustle louder and louder and Toffee tensed up more and more. 

The bushes finally stopped rustling and out came a familiar figure. Toffee immediately relaxed but he didn't move aside though. The monster was a different color green from Toffee and he seemed to be a little buffer. He had a frill neck, but his expression wasn't as toothy as Toffee's. He also had plenty of spikes upon his shoulders. He smirked as soon as he saw Toffee. Then he crossed his arms and opened his mouth to say a single word. "General." Then he bowed sarcastically. "Rasticore." Toffee returned the same sarcastic bow. I was confused until I realized where I had last seen this monster. It was whenever Moon rode into their camp and shot her spell. He was one of the monsters that had fled his side. Toffee noticed my intense concentration. He stood to the side and let me face Rasticore. Rasticore took one look at me from toe to head, and back down again before he turned to Toffee. "This Mewman...is it your mate? How surprising that you of all monster would take a Mewman as a mate." He mocked Toffee. Toffee growled and glared at him. "Of course this isn't my mate of any sort! I mean...I just...she's become a companion of sorts. What business is it of yours?" Toffee snapped back at him. Rasticore laughed lightly. "Please sir, as if I care for that. What you do with this Mewman is your business. Besides, I can't see why she wouldn't be a mate. She's absolutely stunning to me.If I were you sir, I'd claim her before I claim myself." He then turned to me with a smug smile and winked. I don't know why I felt my face heat up, but I know I had no connection to him at all. I felt nothing draw me to him at all.

"I would't care what you do with her, just don't hurt her. And stop calling me sir. I'm not your general anymore. I no ones general anymore. I should throw you you away now for committing treason and abandoning me. And just what are you doing in this jungle anyhow?" Toffee asked him. "I was doing the same thing you were probably doing the same thing that I was doing...hiding. The queen has been on  hunt for the past month. Word has it that she's taken out more than half of the monsters that were in your army division already. The king of Septarsis is doing nothing to stop this either. In return, he's been granted forgiveness by the Mewman kingdom." Rasticore explained to him. Toffee sighed and punched a tree angrily. "Of course he's not helping the other monsters. He was weak from the moment he went to sign that damn peace treaty with the Mewmans." I listened to their conversation for a long time before adding my own input. I cleared my throat and stood between them. "Excuse me, but regardless of the situation now, it's still my training time." I turned my frustration and impatience towards Toffee. He smiled softly at me and turned his attention back to Rasticore. "Well old friend, what will you do now?" He asked. Rasticore sighed and smiled. "It seems I'll be leaving Septarsis to make my own destiny soon. Besides...there's uh...there's a certain Mewman girl that I've taken under my wing as well. Her name is Heinous." Rasticore scratched the back of his head shyly. I smiled widely at the sight of the huge muscle bound lizard being in love. "I'll being going now. This may be the last time we cross paths, so...goodbye I suppose." Rasticore shook Toffee's hand and left us to ourselves. When he was finally gone, I turned to Toffee and looked at him with an impatient expression. He simply shook his head and chuckled. "Judging by the way you look at me with that soft chocolate face and those big sparkly eyes nearly covered by that kinky hair, I can tell that you're looking to get to work again. Well, no matter...you've got but a few more days of training left before I send you off. Let's get going then." Toffee started towards the house, but I walked behind him a little slower. His words kept radiating in my head and they were starting to upset me. That's 20 years before I can see him again. It's a long time. Day by day I can feel my connection to him growing larger and larger. But what to do when I have to go? Could I visit him? Could we find a way to talk? 

I sighed when we made it back to the home. Toffee was ready to proceed with my training, but by now I was feeling a little different from earlier. Now I wasn't in the mindset for any type of training. I just wanted...Toffee.