~Chapter 8~

Soon the bar gal returned with the drinks. Toffee tipped her and we were alone with each other once more. "Do you drink from the bottle?" He asked me. I tilted my head in confusion. "Drink??? I drink water, and sometimes I drink Corn cola and corn pop. But I don't know about that stuff right there." I pointed at the bottle. "And wait a minute...Is that...IS THAT A WORM?!?!?" I shouted in confusion. Toffee nearly flipped onto the table to shut me. He covered my mouth with his hand and glared a bit. "Hush! Do you want to cause a scene?!" He wispher/yelled at me. I nodded and he leaned back into his seat. There were some monsters that stared at us for a bit, but they soon lost interest and continued with their own conversation. Toffee sighed in relief. Then he began to pour the drink into each glass. He slid me a glass and kept his own. Toffee quickly downed the shot and poured more. Then he looked up at me in confusion. "Well? Are you going to drink?" He asked me. I hesitantly picked up the glass and gulped down the drink. It was thick and bitter. I was sure that I had swallowed some bugs as well. I was sick to my stomach, and wanted to vomit but I didn't want to cause a scene. "What's wrong? You don't drink Swamp water? It's the finest of them all. It's imported from Mewni to here." Tofee asked me. I shook my head and groaned. He shrugged his shoulders and finished off the entire bottle. After being there for half an hour, we finally left the tavern. Toffee led me throughout the village until we made it to a well sized home. I wasn't like the shacks at Mewni, it was more of a home consisting of rock or cobblestone. In other words, it would probably survive in a storm better than my home in Mewni would. "Wow...It's so comfy and nice in here." I said blankly as I looked around. Toffee sighed in relaxation. He started to strip down. I turned away and felt my face heat up. I could hear Toffee chuckle behind me. "You've already seen me shirtless before so what good will turning away do for you now?" He asked me with an amusing expression. "Oh...I guess you're right." I tried to sound relaxed as I turned towards him. He was closer to me than I thought and he just stared at me. "Toffee..." I couldn't find the words to say. He just surprised me all at once by smiling at me softly. It was unexpexcted because he had been plain for most of the day.

"Despite the fact I tried to make you look so tough and dirty, you still look just as weak as the first day I met you. You remind me of a feather in dirt. So follow me." He led me into a room with something that looked similiar to a bath vat and a wash bucket. However, they were both so advanced looking. "I can tell you're confused. Our technolgy and architechure here is far more advanced than you Mewmans. We have brick homes and you live in shacks. We have toilets and you have buckets. But here..." Toffee stopped and taught me how to use his bathtub, sink, and toilet. Then he backed up at the door. "You should clean yourself up now. There's no one you need to hide from in here." Toffee explained to me. He then left and came back shortly with some folded up clothes. "Meet me in the main room when you're finished up." He instructed me. I nodded and was left alone. It seemed like the bath soothed me beyond explaination. Afterwards, I unfolded the clothes and sighed. In Mewni, I was only used to wearing dresses. There was the maid dress of the castle, and the plain dresses of home. Then there was the armor and plain white dress I was introduced to earlier today by the queen. Now I was met with soft pants with a drawstring, and a plain white t-shirt. I assumed this was my attire for the night, and I was actually thankful it wasn't a dress or a nightgown. Then, I went to the main room where Toffee was seated on the couch. He looked up at me and nodded in my direction. Then he pat the seat next to me for me to sit down. He was only wearing his pants, and his spiked knee gaurds were gone. He looked much more confortable now. I sat next to him and things were silent between us until he spoke up again. "I would assume that you prefer your privacy because you're a woman. Therefore, you can sleep in here tonight, or you can sleep in the bed with me if you want." I didn't look at me when he said this. He only looked at the ground. I chuckled and shook my head. "You're awful at eye contact sometimes. I can tell it's because you can become shy sometimes. It's actually surprising because I never would've assumed you were the shy type." I spoke fearlessly. I guess he expected me not to touch on the subject but I did just now. Toffee cleared his throat and took a deep breath before looking me straight in the eyes. "I've never had any contact with another female as much as I have with you and with my mother." He admitted to me. I nodded at his words. "Toffee, where is your mom now?" I asked him fearlessly. He sighed and looked down. He started fiddling with his fingers and closed his eyes. Then he sighed and tiled his head back on the couch. "My mother and father were killed on the battlefield. It was during the second monster war with the Mewmans. Thats...that's in the past now. You should go ahead and get to sleep." Toffee said. Then he suddenly stood up and left me alone in the room. I had only hoped that I didn't get to him too much with my question. Whether he was monster or mewman, he still loved his parents all the same as I did mine. We really weren't so different after all.

Well, aside from the difference in similarities when it came to species.