~Chapter 1~

*DISCLAIMER: I do not own Star vs.The Forces of Evil , nor do I own any of the characters except my own. I don't own the cover art for this story either, as I did not make it. The only thing I own is the story itself. Please read at your own risk. There will probably be light language and possibly a gory scene (POSSIBLY). There will be no sexual activity in this book. Please enjoy*

I laid in my bed and listened as my own voice swirled around in my head. "Mom, watch this!!!" the image of my past fled out from the darkest depths of my mind. I remember when I first discovered my condition. I was excited and unsure of what I was exatly. But I was six at the time, and any six year old that could slice their own hand open and watch it grow back would gladly call their mom to see. I remember my mom sighing and shaking her head before sitting me down and explaining to me that I was different than the other kids my age. I was special, but she still loved me for it. Later on in years, my mom passed away, and then my dad. Soon enough, my entire family passed away. It had been 150 years and I was alone, but I finally looked like I was 18 at the time. Yes my mom was right...I was different. It took me a total of 800 years to finally look as though I reached the age of 18. And now, add another 125 years onto that, and presently I look like I'm 21. I was deemed to be a sort of immortal. The other mewmans have a difficult time accepting me because even though I don't resemble a monster, I certainly am immortal like one. So what am I? My mom, all those years ago was the earliest mom I remember having in my life. Since then, I've been through dosens of adopted families and I've seen the times change. I've seen every Mewnian queen, and have served all of them as a sort of castle slave. I was needed during each generation because I was trusted. I was needed, but never fully wanted because of my condition. It's painful outliving the ones who love you...I miss my mom, my dad, my family. I'm sick of everything, but this is the life I'm destined to live.

"Ariel! Darling, I hope your ready!" The voice of my newest foster mother rang through the small house. I sighed and wiped away some tears that had managed to form on my face through memories. All these years and I'm still destined to be a maid, a servant to the royal court with no reward whatsoever. Don't get me wrong! All the queens I've come in contact with were true to me, and were never abusive. Festiva the the Fun always allowed me to take multiple breaks whenever she threw parties. Celena the shy opened up to me once or twice about her true feelings. Solaria the monster carver taught me important combat skills that she had taught to no other maid or worker in the castle. Eclipsa told me before she had tried to run away with her lover, "dreams are meant to be chased, no matter how bad they are. And chocolate is a woman's greatest indulgence". Skywynne was so kind to me it didn't make sense, so when news of her death plagued the kingdom I was so hurt as well. That would mean that her young daughter Moon, no older than 15, would become queen. And that's what my agenda is today: Making good with my new leader as her side servant. "Darling are you daydreaming again?" My foster mom looked down at me and brought me from my thoughts. I smiled lightly at her and shook my head. Then I sat up and gave her a soft hug. "I'm not daydreamin, just nervous." I admitted to her. "What if queen Moon doesn't accept me at all?" I looked up at her with genuine emotion plastered on my face. Because I had a long run-in with kind queens, one of them is bound to hate me eventually. My mom simply laughed and shook her head. "Oh darling, she won't hate you. You asked the same thing when Skywynne beame queen. If anything, Moon should remember you around the castle. Just smile and be yourself, and everything will work out in your favor. Now it's time to get dressed in the proper attire and head back for your first day of work under new reign." She kissed my forehead and left me alone to get changed. I dressed myself in the same outfit design as always and left out the door on my way to the castle. When I had finally made it there, I was greeted with bright faces as always and led into the main room where the princess NOW QUEEN was located. As soon as she laid eyes on me, she gave me a nervous smile that I had returned to her the same way.

"You must be the highest honor in the royal court of servants, Ariel." She mentioned me with a thick but beautiful accent. Honor of the Royal court? When exactly was I... "I'm sorry queen Moon, but do you mind me asking you a question?" I interrupted her. She smiled lightly and shook her head. "Of course I don't mind you asking. Ask away!" I nodded my head and cleared my throat. "I'm sorry but, when exactly was I declared a royal honor?" I asked her. Her little mouth turned to the side and she thought long and hard before giving me a reply. "Well, becuase books speak of you being here for a long time like Glossaryck. You've ruled alongside the queens of Mewni for such a long time, while simutaneously maintining the castle itself. It was written by mother that you were to be honored above all." Moon explained to me. I could feel my eyes water a bit at the mentioning of her mother, Skywynne. The queen truly cared enough for me to declare me an honor. I was sure this wouldn't bring me out of poverty, but it would definately bring me some respect amongst the people. Hopefully they wouldn't continue to fear what they don't understand when it comes to my aging process. I sniffled and wiped my watery eyes before the tears could escape. "Thank you princess." I bowed to her and smiled. Monn nodded and stood up to lead me through the castle. She was ordered to explain where my posts would be when it came to cleaning and such, but I had been doing this so long that I already knew what to do. However, I let her continue so that she could get the feel of being in charge and being queen. When she left me alone, I handled my job like a pro and was done in no time. It left me time to sit in on the new queen and see how she was coping with her new job. Moon look confused and conflicted, and I can copletely understand why. Everyone was asking so much from her when it came to what had to be done about them.