ΣIGHT

(Diamond's 💎)
Gray's POV
   I sit with my best friend Loke in the mall cafeteria. We had just got of work from one of my many jobs, this one being a retail store cashier. "So, I got a new girl!" Loke said as if that was an accomplishment, which it wasn't, at least for him anyway.
    Loke's what some, well all actually, call a playboy. He gets a new girlfriend pretty much every week. I roll my eyes at him. "That's what you said last week, and the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that, and th-"
"Ok ok I get it!" Loke cut me off. "I know I flirt a lot, and get a new girlfriend pretty often, b-"
"And cheat, and lie, and break hearts," I add.
"Buuuuut," he irritatedly dragged the word out, "I think this one is different. I really like her, she's sweet and super shy, but in the cutest possible way! She's so adorable! Also, she makes me feel differently than I've ever felt for any other girl I've dated..." His face turns pink as he affectionately describes this new girl, which is strange, I've never seen him blush before.
Oh? How so?" I ask curiously.
   "Well, when she looks at me, my heart starts to like jump out of my chest and I feel my cheeks get a little hotter. Also, I don't feel like I'm good enough, I want to make her happy. I don't know what's going on man! Help me!" I chuckle at his ignorance.
   "Bro, I think you love her." I think of something to test my theory. "Tell me what she looks like." His cheeks redden more.
   "O-ok... well, she has the fluffiest, softess, pinkest hair! It's like the best cotton candy..." he looks dreamily off into space, his cheeks on fire, his head resting on his palm. "Her skin is like fresh snow, it's so smooth and perfect. And her eyes... oh her eyes man... they're so amazing! They're like the space between the planets and, when I look into them, I feel like I'm somewhere else, somewhere just for us, somewhere beautiful. But the beauty of this new world in her wonderful purple eyes, cannot compare to her. She's gorgeous." His eyes sorta glimmer when he talks about her.
   My eyes are wide by the time he's done. I don't think I've ever described Flare like that... Loke had made me start to question my love for Flare. I'm marrying her for a reason, if I didn't love her, I never would have asked for her to spend the rest of her life with me... right? I shook my head to clear my thoughts and gave a long whistle. "Wow, you don't just love her, bro, I think you're in love with her!"
   His cheeks are now so red I'm afraid he'll catch fire. "What's the difference?" I look at him like he's a complete idiot.
   "What's the difference? There is a huge difference. Loving someone isn't as special as being in love with someone. Just loving someone could mean anyone. Like how you love your parents, siblings, pets. But being in love is so much more. Being in love means you are in love with one special person and no one else can have that special type of love. Being in love means you love everything about that person. Their perfections and their flaws. You love them unconditionally no matter what happens and this love feels different. It gives you a sickly sweet feeling. You feel like you're sick but you never want to be cured. You find yourself thinking about that one person and only that one person. If you're in love you can never fall out of it, even if they break your heart, you won't ever stop loving them because that's true love. So yes, there is a difference." Loke looks at me strangely. "What's with that face?" I snap.
   "Oh nothing, it's just, that's the most intelligent thing that's ever come out of your mouth." He snickers, making me punch him hard in the shoulder.
   "Hey!" He shouts.
   "Oh, by the way, what's the name... of this girl... that you... love... so... much..." I start to trail off as I see a girl walk by. My heart starts to pump harder and harder as she walks. My heart seems to beat in rhythm with the clicks of her deep blue heeled boots. Click, click. Babumbabum babumbabum. She walks at the perfect pace, fast enough that she can get were she's going, yet, slow enough that her eyes seem to take in every thing around her. Those eyes, those midnight blue eyes. They shine like they're filled with stars, and i can sea intelligence deeper than any sea in those beautiful eyes. Her hair, boy, oh boy. It bobs as she walks, it seems alive. It flows down her back in waves like ocean water, tumbles and cascades down her shoulders like a waterfall. On her head sits a dark blue, fur-lined hat, it rests in just the right position atop those wavy locks. Her outfit is blue with accents of white fur like her cap. Her fair, snowy complexion complements her outfit amazingly. She is absolutely stunning. As I continue to stare at her, unable to drag my eyes away, I see her head start to turn my way.

Juvia's POV
   As I walk through the mall with my shopping bags dangling from my arms, I feel a pair of eyes on me. I turn my head to see a man a little older than myself staring at me with red rising in his cheeks. His raven colored hair is almost bluish and makes me swoon. His eyes, a dark, deep blue, seem to suck me in like a black hole until I'm lost in them. I don't think I'll ever be able to look away from those eyes...

Gray's POV
Those midnight blue eyes that stare directly into mine.

Juvia's POV
But then I notice something that frees me from trance.

Gray's POV
Her eyes leave my face and she looks down,

Juvia's POV
What I see makes my face turn red and steam come out of my ears.

Gray's POV
As I watch her leave, I hear Loke say three simple words that make me realize why she left.

Juvia's POV
I freak out internally as I hold in my girlish squeals and screams. He was shirtless! I can't believe it!

Gray's POV
"Gray, your clothes?"

That night...
I lie awake and listen to Flare's faint breathing beside me. I just can't stop thinking about that girl I saw in the mall today. What was that feeling in my stomach when she looked at me? Why was my heart beating so fast? Why can't I get her out of my mind? I love Flare... but am I really in love with her?