ҒΩUR

(Diamond's 💎)
I wake up to the front door slamming and a high pitched voice saying "Gooooood mooooooorning my Gray Bae!"
"Ugh seriously? Is this going to happen every morning?" I whisper to myself
"Mooooorning my little Flare Bear!" I hear Gray reply.
I pull myself out of bed and get dressed. I walk downstairs and see Gray and Flare eating breakfast. Gray has his arm around Flare and she occasionally blushes and giggles at him. How can she be like this to him but be such a bitch to me? I think to myself. I shake off the thoughts and put a smile on my face. "Morning Gray, Flare!" I force as much cheeriness into my voice as possible. I can do this if I just look at Gray and pretend Flare isn't there. "I'm going yo Juvia's house, I'll be back later!"
"At least have some breakfast before you leave." Gray offers.
I lie to avoid having to sit and eat with that crazy bitch neat me. "No thanks, Juvia told me her brother Jellal is an amazing cook so I'll eat there." I smile at him.
"Ok then, see you later tonight then?" He says.
"Yeah!" I give him an even bigger smile.
"Aww! I won't be able to see you then Lucy darling! I'll be working later tonight!" She fakes a pout that Gray buys completely. "Give me a hug before you leave hunny!" She gets up and walks toward me with her arms extended and a sickeningly sweet smile on her face.
I don't want to be rude to her in front of Gray so I comply. She wraps me in a big hug. "If you value your brother's happiness you'll stay at your little friend's house and never come back. I can make his life a nightmare." She whispers in a deep, scary voice, I gulp.
She breaks off the the hug and smiles at me in a way that makes me shudder. Gray loves her so much, I can't let her break his heart... but I can't just leave him with her... I decide I won't leave. I'll just ignore what she said. Besides, she's probably bluffing anyway, Gray wouldn't let her make his life miserable. I grab my keys and hurry out the door. "Bye guys! See you later!" I call out.

•••

I knock on the door to Juvia's house and wait for someone to answer. The door opens and I see Natsu giving me a big toothy grin. "Hey Luce!" He says cheerfully.
I feel my cheeks heat up slightly. "O-oh hey N-Natsu!" I smile shyly at him then notice something. "What's with the nickname?" I say a little sharper than I meant to.
"W-what?" He looks a little scared of me. What a fraidy-cat! "O-oh I just thought it suited ya, Luce. I can stop calling you that if you'd like..." he looks at me with genuine concern for how I feel. I blush.
"N-no! It's fine!" I speak a little more quietly as I feel my cheeks heat up even more. "I actually like it."
He smiles at me. "Good! 'Cause I didn't plan on stopping anyway!" He chuckles. That is, until I punch him in the shoulder.
"Ugh idiot! Hey, where's Erza and Juvia?" I look at him. He just stares back at me in shock.
"How can you act so casual after punching me?!" I shrug. "Juvia's at work and Erza's up in her room with Jellal." He gets up and brushes himself off. "I'm glad you're here actually," my cheeks turn pink yet again. "I was getting kinda bored." I look at him slightly annoyed. "You also seen pretty cool." Queue the blushing. "Wanna meet my cat Happy!" He starts jumping up and down like an excited five-year-old.
I giggle at his childish antics. "Sure."