38 | video call

Depuis le début

"where are you now?" sehun asked, making easy conversation.

"i'm at this guy called junmyeon's house. he--"

"the fuck's a junmyeon?" sehun laughed.

"he's a friend of kyungsoo's," jongin told him.

"oh right, that guy," said sehun. he took a breath and looked back at the screen. "look, jongin, you know i literally never apologise, but i'm kinda sorry. i was kinda rude about leaving."

"too right," jongin scoffed. "you let tao look after vivi instead of me."

"sorry," sehun muttered again. "are you okay though? i didn't exactly expect you to just take off..."

"i'm fine," jongin smiled, "well, better than fine. i've met loads of people."

"where are you staying?" sehun asked him. "is it nice?"

"i've mostly been staying at kyungsoo's apartment," jongin explained, "but we visited his friends' house over christmas, and now we're at another mate's house for new years." he paused, unsure of what questions he wanted to ask. "you've been staying with luhan... right?"

"yeah," said sehun, and his face broke into a sudden grin. "i've been staying at his place."

"yo yo yo," said a voice from off camera on sehun's side. "is it jongin? hi, jongin!"

"luhan?" jongin guessed.

luhan appeared next to sehun and smiled at him. "did you have a good christmas, jongin?"

"it was awesome," jongin said. he suddenly felt very alone with hunhan being all cuddly on the other side of the screen. "um, i've got to go soon," he lied, not wanting to appear so single-as-fuck in front of the couple.

"is kyungsoo around?" sehun asked abruptly, a little shy. "can i maybe say hi before you go?"

"you want to meet him?" jongin asked, his voice brimming with pride.

"he's like you're only friend other than me," sehun answered, "so obviously - yeah."

"kyungsoo," jongin murmured, nudging kyungsoo's napping form with his foot.

"what?" kyungsoo mumbled.

"sehun wants to say hi?" said jongin, biting his lip.

kyungsoo groaned but sat up and shuffled over to sit by jongin. "hi, seahoon," he said with a rather dry tone of voice.

"so you're kyungsoo," said sehun, peering at him. "interesting."

"well, jongie-- i mean, jongin's been nervous as fuck to text you so you'd better be sorry for being a dick," kyungsoo told him.

"kyungie!" jongin whispered sharply.

"fair enough," said sehun simply. "i kinda was a dick. sorry, jongin."

"wow," said luhan, "your boyfriend is surprisingly cute, jongin."

"b-boyfriend?" jongin spluttered. "he's not my--"

"sure, whatever," sehun drawled. "you said you have to go so i'll leave you guys alone. see you soon, jongin."

"bye," said kyungsoo, whilst jongin was still speechless, and ended the video call.

"kyungie, he was just--"

"i know he was joking," kyungsoo interrupted with a smile. "you know, i think i'm gonna find a room upstairs. you coming?"

jongin scrambled to his feet to follow kyungsoo into the hall again. he scooped up both their bags and trailed after the smaller as they took the stairs to the third floor. it was late and although the others had all arrived, most of them were already settling in.

"well, goodnight," said kyungsoo, almost reluctantly, as they parted ways at the top of the stairs.

jongin slowly passed him his bag, and watched kyungsoo retreat into one of the many bedrooms on that floor. feeling a little flushed and slightly fluttery, jongin headed into the room across from kyungsoo's, and launched himself onto the soft double bed.

it had started to snow again, and the flurry brushed against the rooftops as jongin eventually drifted off to sleep...

a/n: idek wat that chapter was? i think i liked it but idk rlly oops
i wanted to update anyways
and this was already the 2nd attempt

anyway
pls comment and vote and all that shit bc i love you

*hearteu hearteu*