Chapter 2: Threatened to Break.

Start from the beginning

My door creaked opened and I turned to see Ethan hugging up with pillow and was also half asleep. "Freya," he whined as he walked over to him. I opened my arms and he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"Yes," I replied in a soft voice.

"The thunder scared me. Can I sleep in your room?" he asked as he pulled away. I nodded my head, "Of course you can," I smiled. He gave a small smile and quickly ran over to my bed before crashing on it. I let out a chuckle and turned on my chair to continue my homework.

An hour later, I finally finished my homework but it was still raining heavy tomorrow and I have a feeling Hazel will be yelling at me for this. I packed my bag up and took off my lights before heading to bed. As I got in, Ethan scooted over to me and I wrapped my arms around him. I let out a tired yawn and felt myself slowly falling asleep.

My alarm went off and I pounded my hand on the clock causing it to go silent. I slowly open my eyes to see my room was filled with brightness.

"Can you make it snow so we don't have school," Ethan groaned in tiredness.

I couldn't help but chuckle and wrap him in a tight hug. How about we sleep for 10 more minutes and take the car to school," I suggested.

He hummed in response, "That works too."

I set the alarm for 10 more minutes and we drifted back off to sleep again.

Moments later the alarm started to ring again and Ethan and I let out a groan of annoyance. We just both got up and went to our own bathrooms. We showered up and got dressed. I walked to my closet and decided to go with some sneakers, black jeans, gray shirt and jacket since it was still raining outside.

I grabbed my bag and phone before walking out the room. I walked into Ethan's room and saw him slipping on a hoodie. "Ready?" I asked as he ran his hand through his hair to fix it. "Yeah," he mumbled as he grabbed his bag and his phone as well.

We walked out his room and down the stairs. I notice the kitchen light was on which indicated that our parents were up. I walked in to see my mother was halfway in the fridge searching for something. Within a swift move, she stood up and love over to us with a smile.

"Morning kids," she slurred out clearly with a hangover.

I looked at Ethan who just rolled his eyes. I turned back to look at my mother, "It's raining so we're taking the car," I stated as I walked out the kitchen to the front door.

"You can't!" my mother shouted from the kitchen as I opened the front door. The rain was pouring heavy and I looked around the driveway to see it was empty.

Where's my car?

I turned around to see my mother with a small umbrella and raincoat in her hand with a smile. "We ran out of beer so your father took the car to get some more," she shoved the umbrella and rain coat towards me.

My fist tightened by my side in anger.

"How are were suppose to get to school?" I shouted at her causing her to glare at me. She shoved the umbrella and rain coat further towards me and I looked at it and scoffed before looking back at her.

She's kidding right?

"Do you even care about us let alone Ethan at least. Does it even concern you that he might get sick?" I shouted louder causing lightning to flash and thunder to boom.

"Don't use that tone with me!" she warned waving her finger my way.

A hand wrapped around mine and I looked to see Ethan was holding my hand. He took the umbrella from her along with the rain coat. "Let's just go before we're late," he mumbled.