road trip | bughead

edit: welcome to random riverdale! ahead you'll find mostly bughead oneshots/mini stories, occasional group chats and instagram posts, but mostly mini stories of bughead and maybe a few sprousehart ones, too. thanks for deciding to read my book and enjoy! - r 💕

i'm really bored right now so i'm writing this i guess...
stuff in italics is texting btw
comment your thoughts while reading!

- jughead's pov -

me: hey, betts

betty: good morning juggy, what's up?

me: i have something planned for us this weekend. are you free?

betty: yeah, why?

me: meet me at pop's in 10 minutes, i'll tell you there

we sat down at a booth in pop's and ordered our usuals.

"so i was thinking," i told betty nervously, hoping for a yes. "would you be interested enough to go on a small road trip this weekend? since our sixth month anniversary is this week?"

PIT STOP: i've seen lots of road trip stories on here and wanted to try one, i know i'm so original

"0f course, juggy! i'd love that." she said, reaching to hold my hand.

"great." i grinned, i couldn't wait for this weekend.

- betty's pov -

i was all packed up, waiting eagerly for juggy to ring the doorbell so we could start our adventure.

"now honey," my mom said, "although you are becoming an adult in just months now, you still need to make good choices. please do not get in any trouble this weekend."

"i know, mom. i love you." i replied, wrapping her in a hug.

"i love you too, elizabeth. goodbye, have fun!"

"bye, mom" i said closing the front door behind me. i made sure i had everything i needed- a sleeping bag and a small suitcase with some changes of clothes.

just then juggy honked the car horn.

"hey, juliet" he said, grinning. i knew he was excited.
"hi, juggy" i said, giving him a peck on his cheek. "where should i put my stuff? and where did you get this sweet pickup?"
"just throw it in the back. i'm renting it for the weekend."

we started on the way out of town, nowhere in particular. we told old stories and memories from our childhood. we also shared our favorite moments together. nothing could beat this, spending time with the love of my life. the world was ours. freedom, i guess you could call it. no parents, teachers, other people telling you what you can and can't do.

- betty's pov-

i was in a very happy mood, nothing could stop it. jughead and i were a few hours out of riverdale. we had passed only a few small towns. right now nighttime was approaching and we were looking for a place to stop.