A Long Overdue Reunion

Začít od začátku

"Quite right."

"Wow," said Ur. "That is weird. Carry on, then."

Io stayed in the ship to do as she intended. Ja went outside to look around and enjoy the environment. Ur went with Nathan to the planetary management office. Business was conducted as planned and in a timely manner. After departing from Venus, they would make a close approach to Earth.

"Whose turn is it?" asked Nathan.

"Io's," said Ja.

"It's Io's turn," said Ur.

"Do I have to?" asked Io.

"Well, no, not really," replied Nathan. "It would be greatly appreciated, though."

"Fine."

"What's the matter? I thought you liked Earth."

"I did, but that was a long time ago. I'll still go." She went to speak privately with her siblings. "I guess I'll see you when I do. And who knows? Maybe I'll even have good news this time."

"Maybe," said Ur.

"I seriously doubt it," said Ja.

"You never know," said Io. "So, are you two planning to visit Mara while I'm away?"

"Yes," said Ur.

"We always do," said Ja.

"Well, I hope you'll have good news for me," said Io.

"What do you mean?" asked Ur.

"I think you'll be pleasantly surprised."

"I don't like the sound of that," said Ja.

"I know. Take care. I love you both." Io hugged her siblings. She then stood before Nathan.

"Be sure to stay in contact," said Nathan. "Most importantly, return safely when you're done with your observations."

Io teleported down to Earth's surface. Nathan wanted her to spend a few years on Earth, and then report back to him. He would have his children take turns doing this from time to time. Though this was a violation of the travel embargo placed on Earth by the Confederation, they had, as of yet, never been caught.

"I still say Earth is a lost cause," said Ja.

"Probably," said Nathan. "But still, it's what Olivia wanted."

"She hated you."

"I know, but I still owe it to her to try. I could never blame Olivia for hating me."

"You let that get to you too much," said Ur. "What happened was not your fault."

"Stop trying to comfort him," said Ja. "He deserves any and all suffering that comes to him."

"You do have a point," said Ur. "After all, there are too many things that are his fault that he feels no sense of wrongdoing for. He may as well feel bad for some things that aren't his fault. It helps to balance things out."

Nathan continued, "Don't worry, this is our last stop before we go back home."

"You can go to your home after you take us to ours," said Ja.

"What?"

"We've made other plans," said Ur. "We were planning to stay with Mara while Io is away. While one of us is visiting Earth, the other two always go to visit Mara."

"I honestly hadn't noticed," said Nathan. "And how were you planning on going to her?"

"You're going to take us," said Ja.