1- First Chat 💬

# Areena's POV
# Date - August 09, 2015

---

I was having the best day of my life. Not only had I gotten admission to a very prestigious college, but I was also receiving a new mobile phone today. My parents had promised me that once I passed my 12th board exams, they would buy me a personal phone. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to tell Sara, my classmate and best friend. We were in our college canteen, enjoying samosas, and I was babbling in excitement. Sara laughed at my enthusiasm.

Sara has been my only friend since my family moved to Mumbai 10 years ago. I share everything with her, including my lame jokes. She understands me like a sister, and I love her dearly.

"You have to be there if you want to buy your favorite mobile phone," she reminded me, making me realize I was getting late for my bus. I quickly finished the last bite of my samosa, hugged her goodbye, grabbed my bag, and rushed to the bus stop.

Fortunately, the bus was still there. I found a seat by the window and lost myself in a world of fantasies where everything happened according to my wishes. In this world, I was never sad, and I could make all decisions as I pleased. I know I can be quite delusional sometimes.The bus dropped me off at my destination, and I hurried home.

When I arrived, Papa was already waiting for me."You're late, beta. Now quickly get ready if you want to buy your phone today," he said. I nodded and rushed to my room.

After getting ready, we headed to the store. When the shopkeeper handed me my new mobile phone, I felt like dancing-though not in front of everyone, of course. I was dancing in my heart.The rest of the day passed in a blur.

That night, I lay down on my bed and opened the ChitChat app on my new phone. I hadn't been online in over six months since Papa had shut down my computer's internet connection for my studies.I had lots of messages, mostly from unknown boys. They always start with friendly conversations and then quickly try to convince me that they love me. But I know better. These are just tricks; there's no real love in those messages. I don't like the typical boyfriend-girlfriend relationships-they seem so shallow, just a way to pass time for both boys and sometimes girls.

I want my love story to be like a movie, with music playing in the background and a cool breeze blowing the first time we meet.Yes, I know it's very filmy and unrealistic, but that's just who I am.

I opened a message from an unknown boy named Abid. A funny joke has been sent by him.

  A funny joke has been sent by him

To which I replied by laughing emoji-
"😂😂"

I got a quick reply from him: "Hii, how are you?"

I replied to him: "Hii, I am fine. How are you?"

Abid - I am also good, dear. So don't you use Chit-Chat often?

Me - Umm... Yes, maybe. Actually, I was very busy with my board exams. But now I am free.

Abid: Ohh.... that's great dear, so what are you doing now??

Me: I am talking with you.

*I said playfully*

Abid: Ya....but I did not mean that.

Me: I know, I was just kidding. I am in St. Xavier College pursuing B.Com with Computer Application.

Abid: Good... I must say you have a very beautiful name, Areena. May I get the pleasure to know your age dear?

Me : Well... Thank you, but I hope you know the golden rule, never asked a girl about her age. By the way, I am 18 years old.

Abid: You told me your age, that's surprising. By the way, I am also 18 years old.

Me: Yes, I did tell you because I don't see any problems with that.

Abid: Nice thinking dear, then Why should you tell me that golden rule??

Me: I just give you some advice .Not all other girls are like me. So that's for your safety.

Abid: Ohh....thank you so much dear, how caring you are.😆😆

Me: you're welcome.😊

I really enjoyed his company. Abid was truly a gentleman, and he talked so sweetly. I thought I had made a new friend that night.

I was shocked when my alarm clock started buzzing, and then I realized it was 6 o'clock in the morning-time for Fajr prayer. I was even more shocked by the fact that I had been talking with Abid the whole night.

My phone buzzed again with a new message from Abid. I informed him about the time and the prayer and bid him goodbye.Quickly, I got up from my cozy bed and went to the bathroom to make wudu (ablution) and offer my namaz. Since there was still time before college, I laid back down on my bed, resting my head on the pillow.

After talking all night, I had learned a lot about him: Abid was doing an Arabic course, and he had a younger sister named Afiya. He didn't particularly like studying, but he was planning to do an MBA. He didn't even watch TV. Like me, he loved to eat, enjoyed bike racing, and was crazy about Jeeps.Lost in my thoughts, I was startled when my phone buzzed again, indicating a new message:

"I love talking with you. It might be too soon to say this, but I feel a deep connection with you and I think I like you. I can't wait for tonight so we can talk again. Take care, dear."

From ~
Abid

I read his message over and over.

Was he really serious? He said he liked me.

How could that be? We had just talked for a few hours!

I must be wrong. He must be like all the others. How dare he think of me like that? To like someone is a part of love, and love isn't so superficial.

Love is a profound emotion that blossoms in the heart. We start liking someone after we realize they truly matter to us, after getting to know them deeply, like in movies or novels.

How could he say he liked me after just one conversation? I was sure he was just trying to pass the time, but I wouldn't fall for his trap.

With these thoughts swirling in my mind, my eyes grew heavy, and I drifted off to sleep.

---

Thank You for Reading ❤