Chapter 6 - dont you remember?

I woke up the next morning. Someone was shaking me. I opened my eyes and see Marcus face.

  "Hey wake up! Breakfast time" he smiled and pulled me up. At 3 am I woke up cuz of some circus craze. Now I don't even think it was.

  "Do we have training again like yesterday?" I asked him.

  "What training?" He asked with a confused look. He didn't remember? I remember it clear tho. Even a clown died.

  "At 3am there were the circus acts. Someone got eaten alive by a hell hound. Don't you remember? You even almost died cuz you tripped on the right ropes." I was so confused that he didn't remember a thing about it.

  "I never tripped on the right rope. I never saw anyone die. Everyone is fine." He stared at me. He doesn't remember. But how? It was all clear to me. It didn't feel like a dream but him telling me that he didn't remember makes me feel like it was a dream. I looked over to my trash can and see no puke in it. Huh, that's weird. Im sure that no one came in to take out the trash.

  "Never mind then Marcus." I climbed out of bed and walked over to the door. Marcus went out first and then I followed. We went outside and I went over to the balcony to the hall. There were no tight ropes, or any thing to do with circuses. Maybe it was a dream. Maybe it was just a nightmare.

I walked with Marcus to the dining room and already see people eating breakfast. The room smelled of bacon and eggs. The smell of meat. The same smell I had at dinner yesterday.

"Marcus what's the meat today anyways? Was it yesterday's?" I looked at Marcus with a worried expression. He looked at me in confusion.

"It's just beef and bacon. That's all. They used the same seasoning for the meat, that's why it smells like yesterday's dinner." He walks me to our table and we both sit down.

"Hi. What do you want for breakfast today?" A waitress came over to us and said.

"I would like a mushroom inlet with extra cheese and extra olives." Marcus pointed to the menu. "And I would like a glass of orange juice.

"Would you like any sauce on the side?"

"I would like ketchup."

"And what would you want young man?"

I looked at my menu and see there are pancakes.

"I would like the blueberry pancakes with butter and syrup. And I would want a glass of coffee. "

"Ok your orders will come in about 20 minutes." She put her note pad away and took out two straws and left a few napkins on the table for us. She left and went into the kitchen. I looked back at Marcus and sees that his eye color is red.

"Um, Marcus?" I reach over to his chin and tilts his head up a little more.

"What are you doing?" He looked at me with those red devilish eyes like he was about to kill me.

"You're eye color, t-they are red." I pulled my hand back and waited for an answer.

"They are?" He took out his phone and opened up his camera app. He turned it to selfie mode and looked at his eyes.

"They aren't red. They are just brown. Like always." He looked back at me confused again. I shook my head and looked back to him. His eyes were still red.

"They are still red." My mind must be playing games with me now. They are still red and I don't know what to do. Marcus even said they aren't red.

  "No they are normal." He looked at me like I had taken some type of crazy drug I got from a old man.

  "I-I'm going to the restroom. I'll be right back." I stood up and walked to the closest restroom. I pushed the door open and there was no one in here. I closed the door and looked myself in to mirror. I checked if I ha red eyes. I did. They were glowing, tears came out of my eyes but they weren't clear. They were blood. I was crying blood. I screamed. I took steps back from the mirror and slipped on the wet ground. I fell and I hit my funny bone. I can hear everyone outside go silent.
_____________________________

I'm sorry this is so short. Just things happen in life that slow my mind down. I'll write a longer one soon:)