Chapter 1 - Parents

"No this can't be happening..." as I took a few more steps back I tripped. The thing in front of me, was walking closer and closer as I blink each time. Then I felt something warm drip onto my shoulder. I turned around and saw that thing again.

  It groaned and stabbed me, then I woke up. I was sweating and my plans are sticky from the sweat. I turned over and saw my alarm clock. It was 10 o'clock. It was another day of torture. I  never liked being with my parents. They'd always yell at me and stuff. They never said I love you or anything so sweet. The only sweet thing was my best friend Marcus. He is so funny and cute.

  I walk to my bathroom and look myself in the mirror. I see a clown face. I screamed in fear and punched the mirror. The mirror shattered and my knuckles started to bleed. I didn't realize the pain my knuckle was in until my dad came running in and yelling at me for screaming.

  "What was that screaming for Kai?!" He said angrily and turned his head to the mirror. "YOU EVEN BROKE THE MIRROR!" He smacked me across the face and yelled "YOU'RE GROUNDED AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO LEAVE YOUR ROOM FOR THE DAY!" He slammed the door to my room and left.

  My face stings and my knuckle was bleeding. I started to pick up the pieces of shattered mirror. I took the biggest piece and looked at my reflection. It was normal. A few minutes later I threw all the pieces away. My knuckles were covered in blood by now.

  I opened my drawer in my bathroom and took out the gauze. I had gauze around because I'd always get hurt from something. I wrapped my hand up with layers of the gauze. I didn't bother to clean it.

  I filled my cup with water and squeezed out toothpaste on to my tooth brush.

  I got out of my bathroom and climbed onto my bed. I looked over to where my phone was at and unplugged it from my charger. The screen turned on and it was Marcus. He was texting me.

  "Hey want to come over to my house?"

  "Nah I'm grounded cuz I broke the mirror.😒"

  "Broooo how tf did you end up doing that😂😂😂"

  "I saw a reflection of myself as a clown and punched it..."

  "Woah really?"

  "Yea then my dad came in and yelled at me then slapped me in the face"

  "Ouch"

  "Yea. You wanna come over and climb into my window?"

  " yea sure be ther in a minute"

  I shut my phone of and wait for Marcus. I hear a loud smack down stairs and run out to check it from the stairs. My father smacked my mom across the face like how he did to me. I don't like my mom but it just hurts to see someone getting abused.

  I ran full speed down the stairs making a a lot of noise and pushed my dad away.

  "you shouldn't abuse some one like that!" I threw my wrapped up gust at him with full force and hit his nose hard.

  "I told you to stay in your fucking room!" He grabbed me and threw me onto the ground and I landed on my back. I almost blacked out there. My mom was just standing there with tears rolling down her face. I heard someone tuning down the stairs yelling out words. I couldn't make it out clearly but it sounded familiar.

  "Get away from both of them now." That person then carried me into my room.

  "Thanks..." I said in a cracked voice.

  "What the fuck happened there?! You got hurt cuz of your dad. I came here and heard yelling." It was Marcus. He was yelling loudly. I tried to sit up and i felt the bad pain in my back.

  "I heard a loud slap from my room and I ran down the stairs to see what's happening. So it ended up me being thrown to the ground by my dad because I punched him in the nose. "

  "Dude you need to get out of here as soon as possible when your done with high school." Marcus starred at my knuckle.

  "Yea I'm planning that."

  Marcus and I talked a bit and a few hours later I heard a loud bang on the door. I was thinking that it was my dad and then he screamed.