Chapter 2 - Marcus's secret family

The dreading sounds of my dad's scream ended a few minutes later. I didn't even move a muscle. My whole body was shivering and I'm starting to sweat again.

Marcus on the other hand went over to the door and opened it. He opened it wide and ran out without saying a thing. There was a trail of blood...the blood was leading down stairs.

"Heh thanks Patrick, here's your money." That was Marcus voice. I can hear him having a conversation with someone named Patrick.

I hear foot steps coming up and I grabbed my phone. I try to dial 911 but Marcus snatched it away from me.

" oh no no no. You're coming with us." A smile grew across his face. He looked proud of what he was doing.

"Why can't I dial 911?! Someone was killed!" My throat is getting sore from yelling. I fell tears rolling down my face.

"No were your new family now. Patrick and my family will take care of you." He motioned his hand to Patrick's direction.

"Hi Kai." He was a clown. The clown I saw from my dreams, the clown on the mirror. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans. He was wearing black gloves and they were covered in blood.

"NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!" I got up quickly and went towards the window. It was still open when Marcus opened it. I tried to get out of there but Patrick grabbed my arms and put them behind me.

" NO LET ME GO!" That came out raspy. I struggled from his grip. He was dragging me down stairs while I was yelling for help. Marcus was following behind us carrying some of my stuff.

When we went down stairs Patrick let me go. His face pain was coming off from sweating. It wasn't a guy, it was a girl. Or at least that's what I thought.

"Bring him into the van." Marcus tossed him his keys to the van. I looked around and saw two dead bodies and they were covered in blood. I couldn't make it out clearly but I can still hear the moans from the Corpses.

Patrick grabbed me and lead me out to the van. The van was pretty new it even looked like one of those child molester van. The door opened and I saw metal bars separating the back seats from the front. The seats were leather and they were colored black. I didn't want to go with Marcus so I just stood there crossing my arms.

" let's get going now. Mom and dad is waiting for us." He came out of the house just finished a conversation with someone on the phone.

"I'm not going with you. You killed my parents, I thought I can trust you."

  "Don't you hate your parents? They abuse you and never loved you." Marcus was serious this time. His voice was stern. His expression told me not to mess with him.

  "They were MY family. I know I never liked them on the outside but I love them in a way." I did love them. I would do anything so they can trust me again. Just because my dad lost his job and got angry and started drinking didn't mean I list love for my dad and mom. Thy were both, kind in some way. Now they are dead and I be ill ever see them again.

  "Kai you have no where to live now. It's all you and my family taking care of you. That's that. Patrick is a nice person too. He'll help ya with life. Basically he had the same life as you. I took him into my family." I was surprised what Marcus said. He himself killed Patrick's parents and took him in? What?! That's just nonsense. I still don't get why Patrick is a clown, the one in my dreams and in the reflection.

  "So your family's job is to kidnap children, kill their parents, and take them in as your family? That's cruel."

  "No Sherlock." He rolled his eyes. "We have to get going mom and dad is waiting for us. I promise you that you will have a better life than you did here." He pushed me into the van and shut the door. I didn't even bother to put on the seat belt when we started moving. In the back seat I heard something squeaking with every bump and movement.

  "Hey it's Marcus here. So can anyone come to 7168 Morse st 89137 to pick up two bodies? Thank you I'll see you back at the circus." He turned off his phone and sat there with a smile on his face. What circus?

  I sat there for the rest of the ride and waited till we met our destination.