Chapter 4 - first night

Marcus showed me around the house a bit then we went to our room. My room was painted black and had a huge window with a couch in front of it. It was also very big. My bed was a queen sized and the bed sheets were blue. The walls were covered in posters of bands and anime characters. It had Panic! At The Disco, TØP, My Chemical Romance, Set it Off, and Linkin Park posters. There were pokémon, code geass, Attack On Titans, assassination classroom, Yuri On Ice, and so much more. There was a desk filled with my stuff from my parents house.

"Here you go, your new room. I can tell you are already into it cuz of the posters." He chuckled.

"Omfg I love this room!" I hugged him to say thank you and it never felt any better to hug my best friend. He was my first crush too. He is just so sweet.

"Now you can rest for a bit and I'll call you down for dinner in an hour. Stay in your room for now." When he said the last sentence his voice went strict.

"Ok sure." He shut the door and walked away. I went over to my desk and look around for my phone. I found it. I turned it on and saw a few notifications. I clicked on Snapchat and saw that one of my friends from school was texting me a few hours ago.

"Oh hey Mel, sorry for not replying for your text I was kinda busy." I waited for about 10 minutes and no one replied.

"That's strange" I thought to myself. She would've sent me a message straight away. She never not replied before.

About an hour passed and someone knocked on my door.

" hey dinner is ready" someone said to me. The person didn't have a mask on. First time I didn't see someone without a mask on around here.

"Oh ok." I followed her downstairs and we walked into the dining room. She told me to sit at the biggest table and it was in front of the stage. The stage was decorated in red and had a sign hanging on top saying "welcome". Hmm, I wonder why. Someone came on the stage and spoke in to the micro phone.

"Hello everyone it's a pleasure to have dinner with you guys today. We have a new family member today." Spotlight shone on my table and I felt everyone's eyes staring at me.

"Um...hey." I said shyly.

"Now let's give him a great dinner tonight! Let's enjoy our meat! Fresh from the main chief in this family!" Everyone applauded and people with half masks were serving dinner to our table. Marcus came in and sat at the table I was in.

"Hey, you met the announcer right? Her name is Carrie. She is my sister, pure blood from my family." When the waitress finally came over to our table it put a plate of good smelling meat.

  "Hey what meat is this? I looks pretty good." Marcus looked at me and his face didn't look like he was ok.

  "It's pork meat. We own a farm miles away from here and there are tons of pigs for us to munch on." I can tell he lied a bit there. I reached out and grabbed a piece of meat. I cut it apart and it didn't cut that well.

  "Tough isn't it?" Someone said behind me.
"Hey Kai, long time no see."

  It was Marcus's parents. I haven't seen them in 5 years. They still look the same.

"Hey, how have you guys been?" I smiled at them. I missed the good old days with them. They would always buy me ice cream and get me the best gifts for my birthday and Christmas. They were the only ones who loved me.

"Oh we're good. You enjoying your new life?" Marcus's mom asked.

"Yea I'm still getting over that my mom was killed. But I'm gonna be fine." I faked a smile. Like I'd always do.

"Ok we'll leave you two alone now. We need to get some business done. Now enjoy your food." Marcus's dad said to me and walks away with his mom.

I looked back at my food and started cutting away where I left off at. The knife got through the meat and I took a bite of it. I tasted good. The seasoning was rich. It was juicy, it was still a little raw but I was fine with that. It was a little hard to chew on though.

Dinner ended and everyone went to their rooms. I went to my room and Marcus followed just incase I didn't get lost.

"So how was your first day here?" Marcus took a seat by my desk and looked at me with a cute smile. He was beautiful.

"It was good. The people there were nice!" I grabbed my phone and checked it. Still no reply. I started worrying about her.

"Hey is anything on your mind?" Marcus asked me with a concern look.

"My friends Mel still didn't reply to my texts. She always reply straight away." I was worried. Mel never does this to anyone i know of.

"Oh. She's another one of your friends?"

"Yea she's a friend of mine in math class. And by the way will there be school for me to go to?" I never in a million years would ask that question.

"No not anymore. No one here goes to school. They just learn how to get along with the family." Marcus was fiddling with a pen in his hand. He looked rather annoyed.

"You look tired Marcus, you don't have to be with me this late."

"Oh ok. Just making sure you are fine. I just want you to feel comfortable with this new family thing." He got up and head for the door.

"Thanks Marcus I'll see you tomorrow."