n i n e

n i n e - jake's pov

I was finding it hard to breathe running after them. I Had to chase them through the wood, and my feet were getting caught in the bog every two seconds. So, i was failing chasing after these people who are assumed to be, Supposed to be dead, while they are running even further away, while not even breaking a sweat.

I followed the blonde hair of one of the people in the photos. She was in a blue dress, had flat shoes on, and had long gloves made out of a very strong material. The girl was running towards the beach, where the wind was blowing hard, the rain was pelting down and where her friends were. And where i would follow her to.

Her friends hardly waited for her. As soon as they saw that i was still following, they ran towards the cairn and entered it. I didn't really think that this was safe, but i needed answers; i couldn't just give up and go home. So i did it again.

I followed them.

~

The cairn was very small inside. It smelled of rotten food and rats and i was really regretting my choice in following them as i crawled across the slightly sticky floor. I had no idea why the children had decided to come in here - maybe there was a short cut, maybe they had like a secret base in here? - but it seemed like i was near to finding out when i saw an opening come up.

Nothing.

There was nothing.

The opening was just that - an opening. And that was it. It looked like a small cavern room, with nothing in. There didn't seem to be any other way leading to the room or out of it, only the way i had just came.

And the children were gone.

~

It was sunny when i came back up from the cairn. In the twenty minutes i was crawling through really small tunnels, the ran had stopped pelting it down and the wind was now just a light breeze.

And it was sunny.

I shook it off and convinced myself that the weather can do that, it does it all the time in other places, and it was a normal thing to happen in miserable Wales. (I was finding it hard believing that it was sunny, i didn't even want to think about how there was a storm in the midst of happening fifteen minutes earlier.)

I decided that i should just head back to the room we were staying in and maybe try to call this whole thing off. It was all a dead end. This trip was pointless.

I saw the Priest Hole from across the away and ran the rest of the way. I really want to just sleep. I walked through the door and headed towards the stairs with my head ducked. I didn't really want to speak to anyone.

"Hey you!"

"Why you heading up there?"

I looked up from the middle stair and saw everyone looking at me. It didn't look right. The pub was very full. Maybe too full. I don't think this amount of middle aged men actually live in Cairnholm, and i'm sure that not all of them would go to the pub on a Wednesday afternoon. And I really don't think all of them like to dress like we live in the 1940s.

I stared at the man behind the bar and knew straight away that it was not the same guy. I haven't been here for long, and Kev didn't have a very noticeable face, but i knew that this guy was not him. Unless over night he gained 5 pounds and grew a dodgy mustache.

"To my room?"

Something weird is going on.

"Does this look like a hotel to you?"

My palms started getting all sweaty and I started visibly shaking. I started explaining quietly how me and my dad had rented a room and he could just ask Kev, but he knew no Kev and did not believe me at all.

"This is my key. Look."

The strange guy grabbed it out of my hand and held it close to his face.

"This ain't our key."

Another man observed me from across the room.

"he's American. Probably the army."

"But look at him! He's too small to be in the army."

But look at his coat. He could only get that in the army."

I look on at them bickering about whether i'm in the army and decide to set it straight.

"I'm not in the army. I'm just here to get in the room."

"He's not American. That accent is fake. I bet he's a Jerry. A Jerry spy."

Men around the room became really angry and started cheering the guy on. I was trying to speak but nobody could hear me. No one around would want to listen to me anyway. No one would believe me.

"I'm not a spy. Just lost," I said meekly. It wasn't going to help my situation. Nothing would.

"We should use the rope and get the real truth out of him!" A man cheered over the noise. All the men cheered and lifted their beer to the roof. A massive group of burly men started crowding around of me and i started shrinking back. I had no idea what the rope was, but by the way they were talking about it, I don't want to find out.

My mind was really fuzzy and I didn't know what to think. For all I know, these people could just be taking the piss for their own amusement (it's not funny if it is), but they seem really serious. Nobody is cracking a smile or suppressing a laugh. They all look really scary, and i don't want to take any chances.

I squeezed through a gap in there circle and dodged through the men towards the door. Even though most of them are big and strong, nobody could catch a small, scared boy.

I was out of there.

~
So I noticed people were asking for more (like in August and the start of September whoops)
I'm sorry it wasn't sooner but we've just gone back to school and had to settle back in but hopefully updates will be More regular than every couple of months
Anyways,
Bye
Maisie&Kirsty