s e v e n

s e v e n - jake's pov

So, I don't exactly know how it happened. I can tell you this though: I did not see it coming.

You see, I had picked myself through the overgrown garden, and to the front door, only to find that there wasn't any hope of getting in that way. Once I did find a place to go in though, I went looking around.

The basement had glasses of who knows what in it, all gone off (the stench was Horrible). Everything around the place was knocked over and everything was old and either mouldy or rusty. The only thing that was really useful was the chest.

It was hard to open, I'll tell you that. I had to knock it down the stairs to get it to open, and that resulted in it falling through the main level floor and Into the basement. That is when I first smelt that horrible smell, but I just had to endure it.

In the chest there were photos, of all different types of people. They were like the photos grandad showed me, old and mysterious with special people.

And then the most peculiar thing happened. I heard voices, and saw a flash light, so I stayed still and silent (not like I wasn't already) in my place in the basement. The next thing I know I see faces looking down at me through the whole in the ceiling that I made. And the faces looked oddly familiar.

The faces form the photos.

Now it wouldn't of been so odd if it wasn't for the fact that the children didn't look exactly like they did in the photos. They were still exactly that: children. Even after all these years. They were my grandpas friends, so shouldn't they be the same age as he was?

I didn't get much time to think about that, though, as the children toke one look at the photos in my grasp and all around me and took of running. I shouted something and took of running after them, out of the house and through the woods.

I mean, who wouldn't?

And that was just the start of it.