e i g h t

e i g h t - anna's pov

I had flown over the little stretch of ocean  and had found a secluded spot of the beach to change in. I was now dressed in my clothes again, and had my bag over my shoulder, looking for the entrance to the loop. My grandma didn't say much, she just said I would know when I found it. I'm guessing it is on the beach, because she hinted at that.

Soon enough I walked over to an alcove. It wasn't that hard to find - as she said, I knew when I found it. So, without second thought, I stepped in the small tunnel.

-

I'd like to point out that entrances to loops weren't made to be comfortable. They were made so peculiars could get in and out without other, normal people finding it. With that in mind, I crawled through the shrinking hole and collapsed in an open area, hoping that it was the last time I did that.

But I knew peculiar loops.

I would have to go back up again.

-

I've never been to another peculiar loop before. I'd never gone to a human peculiar loop before. So I don't really know what I was expecting.

But it wasn't this.

I could see the house straight away. The sun shone brightly behind it, and it just looked beautiful. Vibes grew up the side of the house, in no way untamed, and the garden was so well kept. There were kids (real kids!) running around and playing in the back lawn, and other people, more my age (or what age we looked like) where sat around talking or walking around.

My grandma had always told me stories of other loops. She made them about to be quite horrible, really. She said that because of what they were, and why they were made, most people in them were miserable, and they weren't set up on the best places. She had never described her friends loops, however, only the people in them, so I knew there were things she wasn't telling me. And here it was, right in front of me.

I could actually be happy somewhere.

-

I walked up to the door and was about to knock when a women dressed in black opened the door. She had a watch in her hand and looked at me in disapproval.

"You are 2 minutes late. Don't dawdle on the lawn dear, come inside and I'll hey Bronwyn to show you around."

I got ushered inside and I took my shoes and coat off and stood in the hall, not really knowing what to do.

A girl walked into the hall then, in shorts and a blouse and no socks or shoes. She was quite tall and was very thin, but not in the malnourished way. She looked around my age (well, what age I look like and mentally am) but had quite a motherly look to her, like she'd just finished playing with the younger ones. She walked up to me and stuck her hand out at me, giving me a friendly smile.

"Hello. Im Bronwyn. It's very nice to meet you."

I remember my grandmother telling me about her: her name was Bronwyn Bruntley, and her peculiarity is her strength. She had had a brother, Victor, but he had had enough of living in loops and tried to run away. That all went horribly wrong when he was killed by a hollowghast.

My grandmother did not want to tell me how he died, but after I pleaded she told me the story. She never really liked talking about other ymbrines children, as she didn't want another reason for me to leave, but she seemed more lenient then usual. It was probably because it would teach me to never run out of the loop, but I found it quite horrible the way she did it. I feel sorry for the poor girl losing her brother like that.

I took her hand and shook it.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Anna Wren."

-

I was guided into the living room, which was pretty empty. Bronwyn called out for everyone to come in and meet me, and I saw two little girls running towards the back door through the window, with the rest of them following behind. Once everyone was in, they started with the introductions.

"Hello. I'm Olive Abroholos Elephanta and I can levitate!"

A cute little girl who looked around six or seven stood up and started to unbuckle some rather clunky shoes. Bronwyn had to lean down and help her undo them. Once they were undone the girl floated up into the air right other ceiling and rested there. It looked pretty cool to be honest, and it looked like she was having fun.

"I'm Claire Densmore and I have a backmouth."

The little girl stood up. She was wearing a pink fairy dress and had wings on. Her hair was in perfect ringlets and she lifted them up to show me a set of sharp, shiny teeth in the back of her head, looking ready to bite anything that came near. Her peculiarity was also pretty cool, too.

"Hey. I'm Hugh Apiston. If you can't already guess, I have bees living inside of me."

A boy around 15 then spoke out and gestured to the bees that had been fluttering about. I probably should of guessed they were his, as a few were resting on him.

"And this is Fi. She can grow anything and my bees usually pollinate them."

The boy spoke again about the girl beside him. She had quite unruly hair, and wore a dress that had many patches in. She had an earthly feel to her, which made sense.

"Her name is Fiona Frauenfeld."

I heard the sounds of a guy speaking from the door and turned around to look. Stood leaning on the door frame was a guy who was my age. He was quite handsome really. He had nice eyes and nice hair. And he was also stark naked.

I screamed and turned away. The younger children started giggling, not really understanding, while the older ones looked at me in concern.

"Don't you put any clothes on?" I finally stuttered out, still not looking over. The children just stare at me in shock.

"What? You look at me like I've just told you I've seen a ghost!"

"Because you basically have!"

It was then my turn to look confused at them as I tried to process what a girl called Emma has just said.

"You see, Millard is invisible. Even he can't see himself. But, you were just able to see him. All of him, whether you like it or not. I'm guessing that's you're peculiarity then?"

I turned to look at the boy, Millard, again, making sure to not look waist down. He looked very sheepish, and like he wanted to go get some trousers, but he hadn't.

"Excuse me... I'm just going to go get some trousers..."

The boy then darted out the room, leaving the rest of us behind. I turned around to face them again and thought.

"I never knew I could do that. I'm an ymbrine-in-training, see. That's just a thing I never knew I could do, whatever it was."

I still couldn't make sense of it really.

But when did the peculiar world make sense?

-
So we have decided that we are going to make the chapters longer.

Also, there won't be many chapters in Jake's pov left because once they have met, the story will be just in Anna's pov.

Anyways,

Ciao

Maisie&Kirsty